Subject: Hotz Artworks - Any experience with them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ello all,

Not sure if you know, but theres a website which does funky looking Star Wars Space Mats called "Hotz Artworks" which I bought a Space Mat from 2 months ago-ish, but I've not been getting any replies to my emails from them when enquiring as to when it may be arriving.

After purchasing, I noticed it says it may take 3-6 weeks to arrive (I swear a Broken Y-Wing could get it here faster), but this and the lack of emails has me slightly worried.

Anyone else have any experience with them?

~David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same experience.

It got to the latest date in which I was told the item would arrive and it still hadn't turned up, I emailed him, no reply. I then opened a paypal dispute on the transaction and surprise surprise he replied saying it had been shipped that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
I sent an email of inquiry for cost and time and whatnot - never heard a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dacow x
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thats what i read in german forums too:
bad communication and long shipping times.

maybe you like some of the mats i designed and posted in this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/993523/playmats-by-lost-in-s...

just my 2 cent

Dacow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Agapow
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Have a look on TheMiniaturesPage. The consensus is that the product is excellent but service is terrible and you have to hassle them: not dishonest, just horribly disorganised. Been like that for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tooooon wrote:
Ello all,

Not sure if you know, but theres a website which does funky looking Star Wars Space Mats called "Hotz Artworks" which I bought a Space Mat from 2 months ago-ish, but I've not been getting any replies to my emails from them when enquiring as to when it may be arriving.

After purchasing, I noticed it says it may take 3-6 weeks to arrive (I swear a Broken Y-Wing could get it here faster), but this and the lack of emails has me slightly worried.

Anyone else have any experience with them?

~David

I have one. I ordered it and forgot about it and it turned up a couple of months later. No communication in the meantime.

They were recommended to me by a friend who warned me about the nonexistant customer service but I think it's just one guy. And I'd imagine his X-Wing mats are generating a lot of work.

So I'd say relax and wait. Your mat will arrive. I've never heard of anyone getting stiffed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Biggest issue for me is that I cannot even open up a Paypal dispute since its gone past the 45 days cutoff

Two weeks after initially making the order and asking as to why I hadn't got any emails, when it would be being dispatched, and if it would really take between 3-6weeks, I got the following reply:

Hotz Artworks wrote:
Hello David,

Your game mat will be shipping tomorrow (Friday). What the postal services do with the order once it has shipped is out of our hands. We ship a lot of orders to the UK each month without mishap, usually taking between 8 to 10 days for delivery once shipped.

Due to the extremely high volume of orders we have been receiving over the last 10 weeks, we accidently missed replying to your order placement. This is not usual, but it can happen from time to time. Apart from the orders we receive, we also get a high volume of price quote requests which can take a lot of time to put together.

Its not uncommon for us to receive 100+ emails in a single day. Emails usually take between 2 and 4 hours a day to sort through and only then can we actually start production work... which is why, at 2:56am, I am still up replying to your query, despite having been up since 9am yesterday.

At the time I felt a bit sorry for him and replied expressing my thanks, but now? This is getting slightly ridiculous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered and received mine within a few weeks. Luck of the draw I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more information: this topic comes up now and then...

'What's happen to Hotz Art Works?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one some time around October last year, and recieved it quickly and without any problems. Afterwards, I started seeing such horror stories pop up about service. I may not have ordered it had I seen that ahead of time, however my experience was completely positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used them to order a mat last year, it took about 8 weeks to arrive, maybe a bit longer, and I had no contact through it all. The mat arrived, though, and it's magnificent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
Sounds like these guys need to get a spot on Shark Tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne Engineer
United States
flag msg tools
Tooooon wrote:

At the time I felt a bit sorry for him and replied expressing my thanks, but now? This is getting slightly ridiculous

One time thing, maybe you feel sorry for him. But this has been a years long pattern of customer neglect, he may be a one man operation but maybe he needs to hire help. Many gaming companies started as hobbies and one man operations. Hotz could probably triple his orders if he answered his emails and shipped his products on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered two mats from them about 9mo ago and they both arrived fairly quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mat showed up in 5 weeks. Customer service was good.

And the mat is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.