Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Gasparetti
Italy
Trecastelli
An
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to buy one of these two games.
What's the funniest, the most interactive and the most replayable?
Thank you in advance for your advices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bond
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite the card drafting in Notre Dame, I would say that there is far more interaction in Hansa Teutonica. Notre Dame feels like you're playing the system, whereas Hansa you feel like you're playing your opponents - because of this Hansa feels different each time depending on your opponent's actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Iwan
United States
Douglas
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't think the three criteria you mentioned necessarily overlap, at least between these two games. If you're looking for fun (or funny?), neither one is as much pure "fun" as you can find in other games, although Hansa Teutonica is by far much more dry.

However, HT also is based on player interaction, whereas ND is more solitaire. HT also has extremely high replayability. My group absolutely loves this game - we've played it many dozens of times, and still haven't had to break into the expansion map that I bought years ago.

I would definitely recommend Hansa Teutonica over Notre Dame. In fact, I'd generally recommend it over just about any other game. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are great games. I have both and Hansa Teutonica is more of a "gamer's" game, while Notre Dame is lighter, plays faster, and is more accessible.

No need to select between the 2. Get both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
mbmbmbmbmb
My rec. is for Hansa. It never seems to get old, always a new experience. But yes, it's the dryest of dry (not that you mentioned theme was important), it's the only Euro I own where I don't even bother explaining what the theme is when I teach it. I just explain the mechanics and all the ways you gather points with those mechanics, and we're off.

...and no one has ever asked afterwords what the theme is, either. The usual post-game question is, "Is there time to play again?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas Taliadoros
Cyprus
Nicosia
Strovolos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hansa Teutonica! Hands down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean 'most fun', or do you mean 'most humourous/funny?'.

Neither game could be described as funny.

If you want interaction, there is very little in Notre Dame - just the race to get cubes into Notre Dame, and the race to move your carriage round town to claim the market places. Other than this, you play on your own board, and there is no action blocking on the board. The only way to block is to take a card you assume the person to your left wants from the draft.

Conversely, Hansa is more interactive because there is an area control aspect to the game.

Both games have pretty dry themes. I would hesitate to describe either of them as 'fun', more satisfying / mechanically sound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep in mind that Hansa Teutonica is better with more players. It is not very good with 2 at all.

Notre Dame is good even with 2. With more than 2, I do think HT is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls