Dominion: Guilds» Forums » General

Subject: Complete rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
Now that Dominion is complete, and especially now that RGG has revealed there could be officially licensed storage solutions, is there any chance of a complete rulebook?

It strikes me that, with the luxury of not having to divide them between nine boxes, the rules could be clearer, more concise and more accessible.

I would be tempted to have a go myself, but the rules need to be official! (-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://riograndegames.com/Game/1265-Dominion-Guilds

There's a link to the rules on that page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
http://riograndegames.com/Game/1265-Dominion-Guilds

There's a link to the rules on that page.
You misread - the OP was not talking about complete guilds rules, but complete rules for everything.

I don't think there are any plans for that. I think the current rules work well - every box has all the rules required to use what it contains. I doubt RGG will ever release an official "complete" rulebook. You may do it yourself if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed I did. Thanks for the clarification. There's already one rather nice attempt, the Dominion Complete Annotated Rules, found right here: Complete Dominion Companion. It's not official, but it's very well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CBpegasus wrote:

You misread - the OP was not talking about complete guilds rules, but complete rules for everything.
On the other hand, I opened this thread based on the title, and hoping to find a link to the official rules for Dominion: Guilds. So, the link he provided was exactly what I was looking for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking to my Complete Annotated Rules, a new update should be out next week if everything goes well. I still plan to do a final cleanup of the whole thing afterwards as well. Stay tuned.

P.S. Jay and Donald have publicly supported my document. It's not official but it's nearly so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
Whaleyland wrote:
P.S. Jay and Donald have publicly supported my document. It's not official but it's nearly so.
Ooh - I'd seen the online FAQ before, but not your consolidated rules!

That, made official, typeset into the style of the original rulebooks and printed nicely on glossy paper, with a slot the right size in the storage solutions, would be pretty-much ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Speaking to my Complete Annotated Rules, a new update should be out next week if everything goes well. I still plan to do a final cleanup of the whole thing afterwards as well. Stay tuned.

Alright, but after that, back to the M'44 Scenario Compilation salt mines for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, after I finish updating the Dominion rules and clean up my Carcassonne Campaign Mode files a bit more, Memoir '44 is back on the list. The problem is the Air Pack and Campaign Book #1 are now available on the website, which bars me from including further content from those books in my guides. But I can still include them in the contents and there are plenty of other scenarios from French Regionals and whatnot that haven't been collected yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Whaleyland wrote:
Ooh - I'd seen the online FAQ before, but not your consolidated rules!

That, made official, typeset into the style of the original rulebooks and printed nicely on glossy paper, with a slot the right size in the storage solutions, would be pretty-much ideal.
I don't think I will ever make a version of the rules with the formal Dominion typeset, especially on that horrible background Rio Grande uses. You can't even read the Dominion: Alchemy rules! I will probably make a Complete-Simple version that removes many of the extra sections and keeps it simply material from the rules books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls