Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

If you are not familiar with Watch it Played, it is a YouTube series by Rodney Smith dedicated to teaching people games and then showing full gameplay walkthroughs. For example, the game Lord of the Rings Card Game was featured on the series and it was taught in a few short videos. Then the game was played to completion by Rodney and his son Luke. Often they will stop the gameplay and request viewers submit suggestions as to what moves should be done next. This helps grow the online gaming community and gets more people engaged with gaming. For other gameplay and instructional videos, you can check the playlist section on the Watch it Played YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/WatchItPlayed/videos?flow=grid&v...)

Rodney has shifted to doing this series full time, but needs support from viewers in order to continue doing so and he has launched his season 3 IndieGoGo campaign (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/watch-it-played-season-3?c...). I firmly believe that the service Rodney provides helps grow the gaming hobby, expose people to new games, and lets people make up their minds about a game without having to buy it first. If you agree, then please help fund the next production run. If you've never heard of the series before, then check it out on YouTube and decide then.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason he didn't do a kickstarter? I think that would have been better since more people use it, myself included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love Rodney's videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Any reason he didn't do a kickstarter? I think that would have been better since more people use it, myself included.
I know last time around Rodney told me there were some issues with running a Kickstarter from outside of the USA so that may still be the case. It's pretty much the same thing and you can donate the same way. The only potential drawback is the reduced exposure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from general gaming to Press Releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Not sure where it was supposed to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stanfill
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I know last time around Rodney told me there were some issues with running a Kickstarter from outside of the USA so that may still be the case. It's pretty much the same thing and you can donate the same way. The only potential drawback is the reduced exposure.

Yes, Kickstarter isn't available for Canadian residents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S├ębastien Boissonneault
Canada
flag msg tools
Also with Kickstarter you have to meet the goal to receive any money, but with indiegogo you can get the incomes even if they goal isn't met.

In this case it makes sense, because the goal is to finance a whole year, but of it isn't met, he will do only the months that were met.

Oh and watch it on youtube. It will grow on you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Rodney's videos but I don't see a pledge level that lets me have a say in which games he will cover, is there one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I love Rodney's videos but I don't see a pledge level that lets me have a say in which games he will cover, is there one?
It looks like there is not a level this time around that let's you vote on what games will be played. I could be wrong, but I think last time around, some people were upset because they only got a vote on what would be played and if their choice didn't get the most votes then they felt it was kind of a wasted effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls