Subject: am i doing this right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am really trying to work on my timing with this game, making sure I do everything in order and going much slower than I have because I miss things sometimes.
But a situtation came up last night in a solo game and I was wondering if this was correct.
I had 3 Lorien guides out, a location (i forgot the name but the one where it takes 3 to resolve and when resolved goes back on top of the encounter deck). So when I commit the 3 guides, does the location go back on top of the deck at the beginning of the questing phase, so essentially that location will just come back out when I reveal a card? Just making sure my timing is right, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Yep. All the response effects on the lorien guides occur when you commit them to the quest, and the forced effect on the location occurs whenever it is triggered (by leaving play as an explored location).

Incidentally, if you can keep all three Lorien guides out, that's a good way to 'freeze' the staging area in a solo game for a little bit, since you can keep traveling there and putting it back on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick response!

I was just wondering....I felt a little dirty, for some reason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm assuming you're playing Journey Down the Anduin, which is pretty rough solo to begin with; you should take any dirty advantage you can grab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Yes is right. When i play this quest i always take those locations out of the decks since they are annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fuller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Yes is right. When i play this quest i always take those locations out of the decks since they are annoying.

Why do you do that? The effect is intended to help you know what is coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Unless you are in the rather specific circumstance of applying the progress before the quest phase, what that location generally means is "this leaves play as a shadow card next phase", since forced effects only trigger if the card is acting in its capacity as a location.

Do you remove Eastern Crows too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spurries wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

Why do you do that? The effect is intended to help you know what is coming.

He does it, cause he can. He is Glaurung! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Field
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you remove all the annoying encounter cards you're left with two or three quest cards and a 50-card player deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.