BASKETmind» Forums » Rules

Subject: Travelling doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently received the game and wanted to clarify a doubt.
In the rulebook:
Quote:
Traveling The ball handler can keep the ball at the end
of his turn, but will have to pass or shoot at the end of
the next turn. If he does not, he commits traveling and
his team’s possession ends. He also commits traveling if
none of his ZoC circles within the lines is accessible to the
defender (not necessarily in one move).
What this basically means is:
1-if a player(read ball handler, not blue/red) goes two consecutive turns without passing or shooting he commits traveling.
2-if the ball hander is completely surrounded,by others players or out of bounds circles(whether they are empty or not), he commits traveling.(This is the only way Zoc Circles are not accessible right?)

Looking forward for an informed response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My next game: TENNISmind, a simple yet realistic tennis match on your table
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
What this basically means is:
1-if a player(read ball handler, not blue/red) goes two consecutive turns without passing or shooting he commits traveling.
2-if the ball hander is completely surrounded,by others players or out of bounds circles(whether they are empty or not), he commits traveling.(This is the only way Zoc Circles are not accessible right?)
Yes, you got it right:

1- A player can keep the ball once but not twice in a row. Note that the Guard ability lets him keep the ball one extra turn, so the Guard in particular can keep the ball 2 turns in a row (but not 3).

2- It avoids a player hiding the ball without possibility for the defender to steal it. So you can move away from the defenders, but there must be always an empty circle of your ZoC from which the defender could potentially try to steal.

Don't hesitate asking any question that may arise, I try to be around here as much as possible! This thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/802808/find-the-solutions-an...

is a good complement to the rulebook, if you want to check that you understood the mechanics.

EDIT: The "out of bounds" circles are always empty, players can go through them while moving without the ball, but cannot stop on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply.
I read the exercises and posted a question in the thread as I had some doubts.
Also, every circle is considered in bounds no? Even the A and M column? Since they all have at least a little area that's inside...(and A9 and M9)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My next game: TENNISmind, a simple yet realistic tennis match on your table
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
I read the exercises and posted a question in the thread as I had some doubts.
Also, every circle is considered in bounds no? Even the A and M column? Since they all have at least a little area that's inside...(and A9 and M9)
OK, I'll answer your questions there.

No, in this game the circles belong to the area in which the majority of the circle is. This is clearly displayed in the rulebook pictures of page 2. So the columns A and M are out of bounds, the key has only 9 circles, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls