Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am about to buy a copy of this nice game from a friend. His copy is from the first print, but I am aware of the fact, that meanwhile there is a second print available. So my question is:

Are there any notable differences between the first and the second print of this game?

Please note, that I don't refer to Descent 1st and 2nd edition, but to Descent 2nd edition first print, and Descent 2nd edition second print, especially the german version.

I am interested is such details as:

- Corrected card texts,
- clarified paragraphs in the rules,
- adjusted numbers of game material,
- etc.

I don't need every single detail, just the info, IF there are any such issues existent, so that I should better buy a copy of the second print to avoid inconveniance, or if first and second print are essentially the same, so I could do my friend a favor a buy his copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it preordered, and it is not yet there. It is listed for 8th of July, so I guess you have to wait two more weeks. And then you would need someone who has both to be able to compare...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
I hadn't realized that there was already a second print of the rules/quest guide for either version yet.

There are two editions of the game itself, first edition and second edition, and those two are totally different.

Because of this, it's hard to tell if you're asking about a difference in rulebook printing or a difference in the editions.

The OP pretty explicitly and clearly noted that he is not talking about first edition vs. second edition, but rather the first and second printing of second edition (specifically the German printing).

Hermjard wrote:
Please note, that I don't refer to Descent 1st and 2nd edition, but to Descent 2nd edition first print, and Descent 2nd edition second print, especially the german version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could also write an email to Heidelberger. They are pretty polite and should know if there are any differences!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
The OP pretty explicitly and clearly noted that he is not talking about first edition vs. second edition, but rather the first and second printing of second edition (specifically the German printing).

Oh, you are totally correct. I completely missed that line when reading. I think I'm going blind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Has FFG started on another print run of this? I'd be curious too. How did you find out there was already a second print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argonar Alfaran
Austria
flag msg tools
Well it's not necessary to have both editions(as in printed versions), since there are several common errors and if they are corrected, well then most likely all of them are corrected.

One those errors is that Sir Palamon lacks the brown defense die in the quest book (he really has just one white defense die) in the german version (which has become irrelevant since the errata has changed that die into a white one)

Another problem of the german version is that some item cards have misprints in form of hearts instead of surges (for activating special effects). If no card has this, then most likely the errors have been corrected.

As for including the changes of the errata (some of them actually ARE already included in the german version, mostly those that were either misprints or written not explicit enough)

But if the others have been included as well can easily be identified by checking the starting position of Splig in one of the finals and by comparing the OL cards to the Errata. If the cards say what is written in the Errata, then the changes have been inlcuded, if not, then most likely not.

I guess someone could tell OP if those changes have been made after the second print is out.

@Vic
The reason is simple, Descent 2E, german version, has been sold out for months and our publisher has said that the second print is starting to be delivered in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote a mail to the Heidelbären. Will share the result as soon as I have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your great help, especially Argonars detailed "checklist" and Olivers mail to HSV.

I am eager to learn about the answer from the Heidelbärs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a reply:

hds-fantasy wrote:

Ich habe mit der Redaktion Rücksprache gehalten und in Erfahrung gebracht,
dass die Auflage leicht überarbeitet wurde. So wurden Teile der FAQ
integriert, die zum Zeitpunkt des Druckes aktuell vorlagen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argonar Alfaran
Austria
flag msg tools
lydon wrote:

hds-fantasy wrote:

Ich habe mit der Redaktion Rücksprache gehalten und in Erfahrung gebracht,
dass die Auflage leicht überarbeitet wurde. So wurden Teile der FAQ
integriert, die zum Zeitpunkt des Druckes aktuell vorlagen.

And for those english speaking users, who are interested in this matter as well, I will gice a lose translation:

hds-fantasy wrote:

I consulted the editorial office and got informed that the current print was slightly revised.
Thus some parts of the FAQ, which were already known at the date of print, have been incorporated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sir slayer
msg tools
I can't talk for the 2nd print but the 1st one was TERRIBLE*.
Please consider getting an english version.

*It contains loads of errors, bad translation, word-inconsistencys, printing errors and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy 2 days ago and just checked the english errata v1.2 against my box: all black (old?) errata are integrated. All red errata (new in v1.2?) are not corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.