Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

Heading to GenCon Again and in Honor Of of General Wars I am flying my colors, I pulled Jimi Hendrix from the line up in honor of Ullar!

So who is your General and why?

Ullar to me is the True Neutral out of the group. They are so neutral their dragon doesn't even have a breath weapon - it has counter strike ( not wanting to attack but willing to defend ). Their Green, so their all for Mother Earth and Nature ( the elves give it away ). So there is that end of it, but if I had to pin it down to one thing -- drum roll -- FRENZY. I love it, if you can get a swarm of them buggers and an ounce of luck you can roll over people. I understand the down side of 0 defense and no luck, but that is all part of it. If the insanely fast snakes with no defense don't suit your style you still got the elf archers, range rules, and you got defense but need to find height for a decent attack, plus you can get some other elf bonuses going in larger armies.

So I look at it not as going for the strongest General but as going with the Good Guys!

Game On!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea Tom!

I think I have the most fun when I'm rolling out the awesome synergies that is Utgar! Orcs, Marro, Vampires, you name it!

But my favourite general has to be Jandar, just because I like to play the good guys!

P.s. Come say hi to your fellow Leaguers once in a while...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vydar / Jandar

Swift sneaky justice. Technology smartly used.. good combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Aquilla, for sure. I did her mysterious vibe and yellow is my favorite color. cool

I'd like to see someone win this with pure Aquilla or Valkril.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Wilhelm

Texas
msg tools
Utgar. Why? Because red is pretty.

Also, I like to roll with a Cyprien/Dividers army every chance I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl plays with Red - Check, good enough reason for me, I like having the dragon shoulder elf to heal Cypriens women after he is dead, of course not in general wars I understand.

JB - I could see it spiders or dwarves, both fun, and I love the spiders with mittens for the 2 move, not in GW I know

E Moore - Having Raelin is reason enough. yea vydar are some sneaky tricky bastards I can go with that one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it would have been fun to see an official figure that could swap a single unit to their general, the way Parmenio can make a unit have the "disciplined" personality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey JB, I hear ya, that is a nice perk, to bad the sacred band is just a C rated group, the knights and dwarves, and gladiators are so much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Adams
United States
Caneyville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ullar because of the Vipers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out I went with Ullar S-B-N , 2 grubs, and 3 hounds - it was pure awesomeness - I won it, got my dice, my rolling for plague was on fire, took out 7 guys with 3 hounds and did not have anyone to bite. GO ULLAR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.