Zpocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions. Thanks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herman
msg tools
mbmb
1) In the errata it says:
On Death’s Door Clause: (total hp is below 10) and double 6′s rolled by attacking zombies: Instead of subtracting a survivors total  from your squad, you reduce your total  by 2. However still subtract their  and adjust your  &  if necessary.. If you have a single survivor, loss of a survivor is mute, as your squad has been turned.

Does this mean if I have 1 survivor left and I roll double Zs then my last survivor dies?

2) During your turn of thr combat phase can you not simply use a melee weapon with no range with one action then just run away on your last action? As long as you have more movement steps than the zombie your squad would never die?

3) also I read somewhere after day 2 you are meant to reshuffle all the tiles and re-lay all tiles during day 3 or 4? Is this in the rule book? Is Implemented just because we would run the risk of running out of tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 3 questions. Thanks
Intlmouse wrote:
1) In the errata it says:
On Death’s Door Clause: (total hp is below 10) and double 6′s rolled by attacking zombies: Instead of subtracting a survivors total  from your squad, you reduce your total  by 2. However still subtract their  and adjust your  &  if necessary.. If you have a single survivor, loss of a survivor is mute, as your squad has been turned.

Does this mean if I have 1 survivor left and I roll double Zs then my last survivor dies?

nope, if he simply died, then he'd be dead. but no he turns adn is replaced by a zombie figure who attacks normally next round!

but yes, 1 survivor and double Z's, no matter how many HP you have is always bad.

Intlmouse wrote:

2) During your turn of thr combat phase can you not simply use a melee weapon with no range with one action then just run away on your last action? As long as you have more movement steps than the zombie your squad would never die?

In theory perhaps, I've never seen it come anywhere close to this. For starters, to attack and move, you'd need a zombie adjacent to you each round. and if they are adjacent to you, they likely are attacking you as well. Try it out and report back.

Intlmouse wrote:

3) also I read somewhere after day 2 you are meant to reshuffle all the tiles and re-lay all tiles during day 3 or 4? Is this in the rule book? Is Implemented just because we would run the risk of running out of tiles?

It is in the rulebook. Their is no risk, it's an absolute. If you are playing with 4 players, then you only have enough tiles to play 2 days period. To continue playing days 3 and 4 with 4 players, you need to flip the base you chose, and reshuffle the tiles for the opposite side. ('it's also a method of getting the most bang for your buck, with double content on each side).

thematically the reason is that you've exhausted the area you are in, and need to find one that is better stocked with scavengable goods.

a next day tile flip can also occur anytime your bunker is overrun(no survivors, and zombies inside of it). The bunker states the rules for this situation on it's reverse side.

Again thematically, once your bunker is overrun, it's covered in zombie gore, and no longer a suitable habitat for humans(who don't wish to contract zombification)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herman
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your response.

In the scavenge card (strip club). You start the combat phase on your scavenging. Do I need to feed my squad? They can fight as normal then without feeding? Does this mean the survivor I've just rescued go to the bunker as I amenable to feed him to keep him in my squad or does he stay with me until the next days feeding phase?

Also when a survivor in your squad dies do you have to drop all his weapons or do your squad members pick up his items if they have room to carry them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Intlmouse wrote:
Thanks for your response.

In the scavenge card (strip club). You start the combat phase on your scavenging. Do I need to feed my squad? They can fight as normal then without feeding?

this is a night owl card. there are I think 2 others as well.

the idea is that you got delayed on your return back usually for some sort of bonus from the card.

you still do the feeding aspect, with what you have on you/just found, though you donnot get to build fortifications as you are not back at the bunker when the others are doing fortification building. unfortunately the word tile got cropped on this card, it's supposed to read "on your scavenging tile" and is listed on our errata page.

Essentially at the start of the combat phase you start on the tile your drew during the scavenging phase. you choose where your survivor starts and where the zombies start.

Thematically, you are running back to the bunker after having lost track of time whilst scavenging, and the zombies are chasing you(use positioning of your squad and the zombies to your advantage where possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herman
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the replies. I do try to go through the manual for answers before posting. I've read the manual several times over before playing.

Just a few more for you if you don't mind.

1)I know this is a gray area as this question is user specific.
Items can either be played as a "hand" without exceeding the maximum number of cards for all survivors or can be attached specifically of a survivor (4 per survivor)
What happens when a single survivor dies in each of these situations?

1) a) As per official rules: All yours cards are in a single hand except the weapon cards each survivor is using. Do you drop the single weapon card the survivor is holding along with shrinking the hand size to the max limit the squad can hold (if necessary)? Or does the weapon card go back to your "hand" being held by another survivor if there is room.

2) sandbags in the rule book states: when a zombie steps over a sandbag it's movement ends. It cannot attack during its next TURN. Does this simply mean if I have my squad standing behind the sandbag the zombie can't attack in its attack phase following movement? The zombie can then continue as normal next round of movement/attack.
Further post: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12691130#12691130

3) if I use a Melee weapon with a range of 2 (gumball machine) and target a zombie 2 away. Does it also hit the zombie next to it like ranged weapons? Because gumball machine is a melee weapon. The zombie 2 squares away is considered an adjacent target thus can be delegated as per normal successful dice rolls for melee weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Intlmouse wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I do try to go through the manual for answers before posting. I've read the manual several times over before playing.

Just a few more for you if you don't mind.

1)I know this is a gray area as this question is user specific.
Items can either be played as a "hand" without exceeding the maximum number of cards for all survivors or can be attached specifically of a survivor (4 per survivor)
What happens when a single survivor dies in each of these situations?

immediately discard if you have more cards then your squad can carry, place a colored skull and crossbones corresponding to your squads color and place it beneath your squad. thus another squad can come over, spend an action, and pick up your discards. This also works for trading weapons during combat, which normally isn't allowed, or as part of a free action, like item cards are. In either situation either hand or place don individual survivors, do the discard. thematically it makes sense for the new zombie to drop there current gear, or you can play it that it's now on them, and after you slay them you can get your gear back.
Quote:

1) a) As per official rules: All yours cards are in a single hand except the weapon cards each survivor is using. Do you drop the single weapon card the survivor is holding along with shrinking the hand size to the max limit the squad can hold (if necessary)? Or does the weapon card go back to your "hand" being held by another survivor if there is room.

you can reorganize your cards at will, even during zombification. carry limit still applies.

Quote:

2) sandbags in the rule book states: when a zombie steps over a sandbag it's movement ends. It cannot attack during its next TURN. Does this simply mean if I have my squad standing behind the sandbag the zombie can't attack in its attack phase following movement? The zombie can then continue as normal next round of movement/attack.
Further post: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12691130#12691130

technically yes. however we are adding errata(on our site) and in future rulebooks that will alter sandbag and yield squares to simply costing 2 move points instead of ending your move action.

Quote:

3) if I use a Melee weapon with a range of 2 (gumball machine) and target a zombie 2 away. Does it also hit the zombie next to it like ranged weapons? Because gumball machine is a melee weapon. The zombie 2 squares away is considered an adjacent target thus can be delegated as per normal successful dice rolls for melee weapons?

as long as the collateral damage is applied to a target within range of the weapon. Thematically when a melee weapon has multiple successes, and their are multiple targets, it denotes a whirlwind like attack, where your survivor was able to successfully hit multiple targets with a single swing of the weapon, mainly cracking skulls, or if it were the samurai sword, then literally lopping off there heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.