Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Shilling
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first printing:

Landlords bought property at an auction and then rented it out to Merchants.

Really easy concept for me to understand!

In the new printing (the version that I have)..

We have Managers buying [what??] at auction and then doing [what??] with them??

Can anyone help me out by explaining what is happening in the game now please?

Of course I realise it doent affect the game play but.... I dont understand the new premise and I think I am going to find it difficult to explain to new players....

Thx for any help you can give me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great question, because it doesn't make any sense to me if they're not properties being rented out.

They're apparently securities being marketed to investors. But why do the managers have to pay for the right to sell them? And why do the investors pay the managers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Suave
msg tools
It's actually good as a stock market simulation. The managers play like a combined broker and market makers in the real market who have a basket of stocks and trade them to makeorders go through. There's also commission in stock trading which would be manager's cost.

If you could buy on leverage then you'd really get this to be a stock market on steroids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls