Mike K.
United States
Windsor
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of upgrading ship parts from playing the board game was that as long as you meet the power demands of the upgrades, you can place the parts on whatever part of the ship you want. An example is if I want 3 improved hull tiles on a dreadnought. Or if I want to load out a ship with 2 plasma missle tiles, or whatever. However in the iOS version of the game, when you select a tile to place it only gives you a very limited number of options where you can place the piece. Like if I want to add plasma missles to a ship that already has plasma cannons, the only option it gives me is to replace the cannons with the missles so I can't have both at the same time. I know I've already got enough power on board to power up both. Another example is if I want to add an improved hull, it will only let me place it on a space that already has a single hull tile, and won't let me place it on a space with a hexagon movement thingie, or a tile that has a computer upgrade on it, etc. I've only played aliens on the iOS version so far, not humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
It sounds like you are being prevented from overlaying previously placed -tiles- on your ship plans, which is correct. You can overlay a 'pre-printed' part of your plan, but I guess the notion of pre-printed doesn't translate well to iOS. Note that, when upgrading, you can remove as many tiles as you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Too late, too late" will be the cry…
badge
…when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "hexagon movement thingie" is a drive; all ships must have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls