Subject: Now available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
both the Basic ($33.49) and Master sets ($86.99) of the game are now available from coolstuffinc

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/190820
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/190821
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I should have waited to buy from them rather than pay full price, which was insanely more expensive.. oh well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Looks like I'll be rolling around in a mountain of cardboard in 5-7 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which also puts one automatically over the free shipping threshold if buying both sets. Sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Muscat
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
I like geese
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap.. why does it cost so much more buying it direct? I bought my copy straight from Worldspanner, and now I am feeling like I was punished for doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skullcap wrote:
Holy crap.. why does it cost so much more buying it direct? I bought my copy straight from Worldspanner, and now I am feeling like I was punished for doing so.

Even the "retail" listings at CSI are lower than we paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost bought them directly from Worldspanner, but just happened to take a look at CSI, so picked them up there.

They were shipped today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
skullcap wrote:

Are you sure? The price on their store page (http://www.duelofages.com/DoAII/PurchaseUS) has not changed since I have been looking at it, and it matches CSI's retail price (minus the shipping cost). Additionally getting it direct (assuming you get both) means getting the extra platters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
skullcap wrote:

Are you sure? The price on their store page (http://www.duelofages.com/DoAII/PurchaseUS) has not changed since I have been looking at it, and it matches CSI's retail price (minus the shipping cost). Additionally getting it direct (assuming you get both) means getting the extra platters.

You are right. I combined two of the wrong numbers.

Keep in mind that you pay an extra $70 for the "collector's" pieces over the online retailers. 60 plus the 10 for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
skullcap wrote:

Keep in mind that you pay an extra $70 for the "collector's" pieces over the online retailers. 60 plus the 10 for shipping.
It is true, but I am sure many people will buy from the LGS for the same price as you, and many will not get the extra pieces. It's a small consolation, but that's the way of online gaming store. If it really bothers you, I bet you could get a good portion of the money back by selling the extra stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
skullcap wrote:

It is true, but I am sure many people will buy from the LGS for the same price as you, and many will not get the extra pieces. It's a small consolation, but that's the way of online gaming store. If it really bothers you, I bet you could get a good portion of the money back by selling the extra stuff.

It bothers me but I knew it going in, so I have no one to blame but myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh - that's a huge difference. Guess I just bought $70 worth of collectors platters yuk

On the upside, the game looks fantastic (just received it in the mail today)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The CSI price was just the incentive I needed to step up and purchase both boxes today. Now the waiting begins, followed closely by the thrill of un-boxing, the ogling, the punching of cardboard bits, the sorting of same, the poring over rules, then poring some more, and finally getting it to a table with three or more of my closest gaming friends for a slow slog through the tutorial missions.

Drool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to wait till next month to order the Master's Set box for this game but I don't mind. I am looking forward to having this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clicked a banner ad, read a description, watched a couple of vids, read the rules, bought the signed full set. One point five hours from ignorance to blowing my game budget for two months. Thank you very much.

I clearly think this game looks epic!

Edit: cause iPhone typing is the suck.

Edit2: Might be keen on some PBF games once I get a solid handle on the play!

Edit 3: The more I read about this game, the more I'm completely blown away by the thought of playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thing they have horrible shipping rates, so it's still cheaper if you bought from Worldspanner directly if you're not from the US whistle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twyker wrote:
Good thing they have horrible shipping rates, so it's still cheaper if you bought from Worldspanner directly if you're not from the US whistle.

Indeed, only $9 shipping via priority mail. One day after ordering and it is already in the air. Of course, customs is going to have a field day...

And being 'from' someplace means nothing. I'm 'from' the US but am currently living in the UK.

Okay, so I'm having fun with semantics, but it would be amusing if the post office considered where a person was from rather than where they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twyker wrote:

Fully agreed... CSI's plus shipping is 183, I paid $190 to Worldspanner... Paid additional $7 for the extra goodies ain't that bad for international buyers... I think it's a pretty good deal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twyker wrote:
Yeah. Normally I don't see why one would pay MSRP and if one did when you deserve the outcome.

However in this case the European distributor was Brave New World and they simply didn't distributed to a German online retailer so that's that. If I wanted to buy it in Germany I was told to order from his store.

One Swedish retailer with a real store have ordered it from them but they haven't got it yet and the price different even with custom added wouldn't be much more for the complete package (they offered a discount) if I ordered directly from Worldspanner and it would be cheaper than if I bough each set on their own which of course got the advantage I could try it out before fully commiting.

Another Swedish retailer which only got an online presence except you can pick games up from their warehouse to had tried to contact them before but never got any reply.

So looking at that the odds of getting a better price than MSRP seemed weak.

Later the UK distributor was added but I don't know what they would do, I got the impression Game Maniacs import it (maybe they are the UK distributor) themself but they themself sell at the same price as they would offer others to sell it at or whatever. It's slightly discounted but shipping from the UK is really expensive so that's not likely worth it either.

In the US the distributor seem to be willing to offer CSI the game and CSI do as they would do with any game and sell it at a good price.

I know some companies have had issues with CSI because they haven't accepted those low prices and I know some companies simply don't accept good prices and as such it was hard to know what to expect for this game and I don't know what the idea is.

I've asked multiple times but never got any answer on the subject, I guess that brought even more suspecious to it and possible unwillingness to let prices drop below the levels FLGS and such could sell at/MSRP but I nether got a confirmation or a denial. It's hard to know what to do or think out of that.

As such I did what seemed best with the information at hand.

On the other hand I think old time fans and early adopters may be as valuable for sales as game stores so I don't think it would had been totally unreasonable to let them/us come in at the same profit as selling to distributors/retailers did.

But whatever. I can't say I'd enjoy or got a good picture, idea, experience and future "lust" for a company who screw people on pre-orders though (like if a Kickstarter sold at MSRP + shipping, yaaay?! )

YMMV.

As for CSI I have never ordered from them even though they got good prices because of the shipping cost. However I saw that when I tested with both TI:III expansions shipping cost was higher for those than DoA:B&M but when combined shipping cost didn't change much so if I ordered either of those it would likely be more expensive than ordering here but if I had bought all of it it would likely had been somewhat cheaper. So with a large enough order there is a chance it would be cheaper but not by much.

What will disappoint in general is if there is no price fixation and if online stores are allowed or sell the game just that they was denied now / early and no-one wanted to tell me how it actually was even though I asked.

This obviously isn't a request to fix that because that would suck for me but I totally don't like it and I wish all retailers just died and that I could order my games in bulk from some huge central warehouse (slow shipping not an issue) at a good price instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:
Twyker wrote:

Indeed, only $9 shipping via priority mail. One day after ordering and it is already in the air. Of course, customs is going to have a field day...

And being 'from' someplace means nothing. I'm 'from' the US but am currently living in the UK.

Okay, so I'm having fun with semantics, but it would be amusing if the post office considered where a person was from rather than where they are.
Swedish post say my package will be shipped to me before 18:00 today but I called them and asked what that meant since usually they end up at the post office (we don't have offices but "nearby service center") though it seem companies can get packages delivered before 16:00 and home costumers at 17:00-21:00. Anyway neither of that was going to happen since it hadn't made it through the customs yet. So yeah. Thanks for that information then! Fun to stay at home for a day because you expect a package which won't show up. Now I don't know whatever it will be delivered to the post office or at my door when it finally delivers either.

Checked your profile, too bad you're not in your 20s and stupid enough to do the show and gaming with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blownfreaks wrote:
Twyker wrote:

Fully agreed... CSI's plus shipping is 183, I paid $190 to Worldspanner... Paid additional $7 for the extra goodies ain't that bad for international buyers... I think it's a pretty good deal...
Beyond the map tiles and signature which I will totally appreciate I think one very cool thing with it is that it let you host two gaming sessions at once from one box.

I also value the three blank keys because I think all the stuff you can do beyond the labyrinths is interesting and if someone could come up with something more useful that's even better (I don't know how the labyrinths work for sharing, do a normal game only use the 4 regular ones or all 8? In a two games at once one have to separate those? Just the one alliance key it seems?)

Maybe someone could do something fun with the other blank items or at least one can replace a missing one if one goes missing.

Now I don't know how likely I am to be able to get enough people interested in playing two games at once, but it would be cool if people wanted to =P, aaalmost two copies of the game
(Though it almost is with the master set to )

Anyway, for whatever reason unique items usually end up costing more than what they are functionally/at least from a manufacturing point worth.

Dungeon Twister Sylvestres going for $100+.. for a few boards of paper board. I wish those items rather was available in volume but if they isnät and you want them that easily become an expensive problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I bought just the basic set for 49$ + 30$ shipping from Worldspanner. Thats a totally different story with CSI: 52$ for shipping alone surprise + the oh-so-cheap 33$ whistle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twyker wrote:
Well, I bought just the basic set for 49$ + 30$ shipping from Worldspanner. Thats a totally different story with CSI: 52$ for shipping alone surprise + the oh-so-cheap 33$ whistle.
Brave new world wanted 162,50 euro + 12,90 euro shipping from Germany to Sweden.

For basic + master. I don't know what basic would had cost but I assume MSRP + 19(?)% VAT or thereabout.

Alphaspel here in Sweden want 495 SEK for the basic set (which is about 47,5% over MSRP but that include 25% Swedish VAT.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought directly from Brett simply because I believe in his product and wanted to ensure he gets the maximum profitability from each sale.

May sound corny to some...but, the small amount of extra $ was quite well-spent, imo.

I'd have paid more, for the incredible product I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here; Although it might have been smart with respect to shipping to use the awesome offer of having a ton of cardboard shipped at a flat $10 rate to Denmark, I really didn't do any calculations.
I too ordered directly from Worldspanner to put as big a share as possible into Brett's pocket. No offense to the LGS (of which none carry the game yet anyway), but I will cut out the middlemen whenever possible.
Same thing with music. If I have the option of buying a CD directly from the artist on their webpage I'll do so, even if it turns out to be slightly more expensive than the store that needs to make a profit.
Behold the awesome linking power of the interweb-thingy-mabob...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.