Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Thornbury
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many spots here are available? On the map there's 4 pushpins shown, plus 2 more. Does that simply mean 6 characters can occupy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Six people can go there, but it can only defend against four zombies; the supermarket's too big to defend all the entrances. At 5+ zombies, someone's getting eaten unless cards get played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Thornbury
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
Six people can go there, but it can only defend against four zombies; the supermarket's too big to defend all the entrances. At 5+ zombies, someone's getting eaten unless cards get played.

Actually, 4 zombies is enough for entry at the Supermarket. It can only be defended against 3 or less--regardless of number of characters present. Also, keep in mind that the "Hardware" card cannot be played in the Supermarket. Weapon cards are handy, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, four is enough to eat one of the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidT wrote:

Actually, 4 zombies is enough for entry at the Supermarket. It can only be defended against 3 or less--regardless of number of characters present. Also, keep in mind that the "Hardware" card cannot be played in the Supermarket. Weapon cards are handy, though!

I thought that you could play the Hardware card in the Supermarket, but it wouldn't make any difference against 4 or more zombies.

For example, if there are two characters in the Supermarket and two zombies outside, you could use the Hardware card to keep them out.

However, if there were 4 zombies and 4 characters, Hardware doesn't do you any good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
puffinslayer wrote:
I thought that you could play the Hardware card in the Supermarket, but it wouldn't make any difference against 4 or more zombies. For example, if there are two characters in the Supermarket and two zombies outside, you could use the Hardware card to keep them out.

To the best of my knowledge, this is correct. In fact, I'm fairly certain either the rules state this explicitly, or this was commented on by one of the designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch. Yes, this is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.