Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing that finally swung me to back The Great Heartland Haulage Co was when the opportunity to play with five players was offered and made available (and I was really glad I did back it as it is a great, quick game).

Will there be a similar stretch goal for VJ Dice, or an option to buy the necessary components for a fifth (or more) player(s)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Unless there is a terribly warcry for it.

But, minimally to add a fifth player, you would need 3 wood discs in a separate color. That's it.

The game will still work with 5, it's just longer than it should be and has more downtime, even with the player interaction elements. I like Great Heartland Hauling with 5 and crazy set-ups, but a personal turn in VivaJava Dice will generally last longer than a turn in GHH. 5 will work, but I'd prefer for it to not overstay it's welcome each game.

Of course, that's the designer diva in me, and Chris can make that final decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

If I'm honest I'm still going to back VJ Dice. A 5th player would be great, but the game looks too good to pass up on. The fifth wheel at the table will just have to buy their own copy and play it solitaire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't in our initial plans to bump up the player count. That said, we'll keep it in mind and see how high we climb. We have some other stretch goals in mind that would a lot to the game.

So the answer is...maybe.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Withnails liver wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

If I'm honest I'm still going to back VJ Dice. A 5th player would be great, but the game looks too good to pass up on. The fifth wheel at the table will just have to buy their own copy and play it solitaire

Pretty much the best response ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.