Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Scott
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Press Start Press Start Live on Kickstarter

Pocket is a fast paced card game for 2 - 6 players. All out 8-bit war! Fight your way past your pixelated opponent to win your share of 8-bit Glory!

The game is made up of 3, 56 card decks. All 3 decks are stand alone 2 player games. Decks can be combined together to make a 3 - 4 player or 5 - 6 player game. 22 Warriors & Weapons included in the 3 decks.

The metal arcade tokens are styled after 8-bit coins. They are used to mark the number of victories in battle a player earns during the game.

When you pledge for the game you will also receive a free download of the Press Start Pocket app for the iPhone, iPod or Android. The app is an interactive sound machine that includes warrior jingles, weapon sounds, and fight music. This will enhance the 8-bit feel and make you feel like you are hanging with pals in the 80's.

Gather enough elements to earn 4 warriors, and hold them all at once or win 3 battles and you win the game. It sounds so easy, but 8-bit battle is always a struggle.

To see more pictures and learn more about the game and contest go to our website:

http://www.homerungames.com/Site/Press_Start.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some observations:

1. It's hella hard to find the actual Kickstarter link. I had to wade through a whole website of promotions, stores, etc before I found it. This is a Kickstarter board; can you please just post the kickstarter link here?

2. Typos on cards, typos on rules.

3. The video on Kickstarter doesn't show any game play and it spends time on the App which has nothing to do with the kickstarter campaign

4. Like the art, though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG Link: Press Start Pocket

KICKSTARTER: http://kck.st/11GpTn6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
Microbadge: I kick ass!Microbadge: If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college.Microbadge: I randomly answer questions in contests just for the microbadge.Microbadge: Spellcheck HandicappedMicrobadge: 200 yahoo boots f*** yahoo messenger how's want boots
So let me make sure I understand: The app is just for sound effects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls