Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'd kindly appreciate any insight on the below questions, I couldn't find an answer in CSW or here.

1. Does each Shock need to be fully resolved before we move to resolving the next one, or do we need to resolve the first phase of Shock (Charge) for each Shock attack and then move on to the second phase?

2. Can a Skirmisher move, fire the sling, move, then fire the sling again? Can they fire at the same unit twice?

3. Can a Skirmisher shock attack? The rules say NO, but I've seen an article where skirmishers are used to finish off routed units.

4. Which happens first, entry reaction fire of the static unit or fire of the moving unit? What if one of these 2 fires routs the other unit, does that unit fire at all?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Maloney
United States
Fort Mohave
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Hello,

I'd kindly appreciate any insight on the below questions, I couldn't find an answer in CSW or here.

1. Does each Shock need to be fully resolved before we move to resolving the next one, or do we need to resolve the first phase of Shock (Charge) for each Shock attack and then move on to the second phase?

Each step of shock is resolved for all shock instances before moving on to the next step.

Quote:
2. Can a Skirmisher move, fire the sling, move, then fire the sling again? Can they fire at the same unit twice?

A unit may fire once at any time during movement. This can be before, during, or after moving.

Quote:
3. Can a Skirmisher shock attack? The rules say NO, but I've seen an article where skirmishers are used to finish off routed units.

I don't think they can, but I do not have the article you mention.

Quote:
4. Which happens first, entry reaction fire of the static unit or fire of the moving unit? What if one of these 2 fires routs the other unit, does that unit fire at all?

They are treated as simultaneous if memory serves.

I hope I was able to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobrukker
United States
flag msg tools
8.22 Entry fire first.

SKs No. They do not have an Attacker column on the CoSS chart. Some SKs in other GBOH games can shock, or perhaps a previous edition of SPQR allowed them. You can use them to missile fire on Routed units and any hit will eliminate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Alexander, Skirmish with "*" can make shock attacks; In SPQR second edition, Skirmish can make shock attack; In SPQR third edition, Skirmish cannot attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys, much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.