Subject: Monster Trophy query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne O Connor
Ireland
sligo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Slayed a Monster that had come up on a Card. In doing so, I released another monster. The only space available was the space from the monster i just killed. Do i instantly replace and fight new monster now as i try complete remaining tasks? Or am i actually meant to hold off getting the First monster until i've resolved whole Adventure? If i fail to claim the whole adventure, i still claim the monster i killed i presume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pyramidlagota wrote:
I Slayed a Monster that had come up on a Card. In doing so, I released another monster. The only space available was the space from the monster i just killed. Do i instantly replace and fight new monster now as i try complete remaining tasks? Or am i actually meant to hold off getting the First monster until i've resolved whole Adventure? If i fail to claim the whole adventure, i still claim the monster i killed i presume?

Reread the rules, page 17 in the English version. You only collect monster tokens as trophies at the end of the Resolution phase, before resolving the success or failure for the adventure, and you do collect monsters as trophies separately from succeeding or failing the adventure. If you kill the monster using dice, you leave them on the token until that time; if you use a spell that kills a monster, you simply turn the marker face down. So by the rules, you'll never encounter this situation, though if you kill a monster and fail at the adventure, which failure results spawn a monster, you could end up with that monster placed on the slot you just freed up. The next player to attempt that quest would then have to fight the new monster, as usual.

(I haven't seen the expansion; they may have added effects that instantly spawn monsters or otherwise invalidate my answer.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne O Connor
Ireland
sligo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks harold. ive got the expansion arriving this weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bradley
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Scotland
flag msg tools
pyramidlagota wrote:

What was the effect that generated a new Monster? Just curious, as I have never seen this situation. I think what you describe is impossible anyway because the monster you killed stays where it is until very near the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.