Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Gabelman
United States
University Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand the game correctly, and I go after the Event Card, assuming it's a "4 red / 4 blue" card, and I don't want it but I take the face down card instead, if this card ALSO hurts me (I take took the event card to prevent someone ELSE from taking it), do I HAVE to take this card?

I would think I don't have to.

Additionally, if I prefer to use the FACE UP event card instead of the 2nd Event Card, can I do this?

e.g. 1st card is score $5k more for majority in yellow. Face down card is 4 blue / 4 red reset. After seeing the face down card, I decide I'd rather still have the face up one. Is this allowed?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Davis
United States
Kennedale
Texas
flag msg tools
Here we go...
badge
Here we go...
Microbadge: Pennsylvania State UniversityMicrobadge: Pittsburgh Penguins fanMicrobadge: Disc Golf fanMicrobadge: Triathlon fan - Ironman FinisherMicrobadge: Wine Maker
elmsley4 wrote:
If I understand the game correctly, and I go after the Event Card, assuming it's a "4 red / 4 blue" card, and I don't want it but I take the face down card instead, if this card ALSO hurts me (I take took the event card to prevent someone ELSE from taking it), do I HAVE to take this card?

I would think I don't have to.

Additionally, if I prefer to use the FACE UP event card instead of the 2nd Event Card, can I do this?

e.g. 1st card is score $5k more for majority in yellow. Face down card is 4 blue / 4 red reset. After seeing the face down card, I decide I'd rather still have the face up one. Is this allowed?

Thanks!

According to my translated copy of the rules:

When you take the Event action you first choose if you want the face up card or the next face down card in the deck. If you want the face down card the face up card is immediately discarded, thus you cannot look at both and decide which card you want.

Once you have chosen a card:

If it is an Immediate (Sofort) you then have the choice to execute the action(s) on the card or discard it with no effect.

If it is a Scoring (Wertung) card you keep it until scoring at the end of the phase. I've always played the Scoring cards are public knowledge (i.e. face up.)

Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls