California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my hijacked thread about the history of wargaming, it was written:

Neo Pye2 wrote:
I'm not surprised by the rough treatment of new users by a certain group (thumb clique posse)...
I want to know who is in this "group." Specific names. And what is the evidence of some organized, coordinated effort by these individuals to drive away or intimidate new users?

Or is it a bunch of conspiracy theory hogwash?

And am I an alleged member of this group that I know nothing of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yodlaf Peterson
United States
Ohio and West Texas
Пиндостан
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. What's the story??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how it's thrown around, I suspect I may be.

All I know about it is Billyboy claims to have invented it.

I like clicking that little green thumb. It makes me feel
magical for a moment. Like running a set of automated tests,
it even shows up the same color. I only wish the red 'x' were
its equivalent (though I think some use it this way) rather than
being a tool for snitching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord of Moncton
Bosnia and Herzegovina
flag msg tools
First rule about the thumb clique posse, don't talk about the thumb clique posse.
In all seriousness it's all in good fun really. No real harm meant. If anyone doesn't like this kind of fun then you really should think about checking out one of the more serious wargaming websites out there. Here we like to have fun our way.
Any more questions? Cool, Give this guy a call...

yep BB started it all as a way to slime dorosh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Transmetropolitan fanMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Nemo's War fanMicrobadge: At Dawn We Ate Sugar Smacks
Just in case, I'm thumbing everything in this thread. Wouldn't want to piss off the posse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
Microbadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: Dune Series fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Dune fan
Shhhhhhhhh, they're watching ... always watching ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yodlaf Peterson
United States
Ohio and West Texas
Пиндостан
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Case Blue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
Microbadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: Dune Series fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Dune fan

(I think he was trying to thumb him?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord of Moncton
Bosnia and Herzegovina
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord of Moncton
Bosnia and Herzegovina
flag msg tools
If you want to join base camp is at CSW Social.

http://social.consimworld.com/photo/not-a-wargame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arthur
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Spider loverMicrobadge: Frank Chadwick fanMicrobadge: Vassal playerMicrobadge: Ardennes '44 fanMicrobadge: Civil Wargamer

Time for the Thumb Mortar I think..if it's custodian would do the honours please..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
“All through time, people have basically acted and reacted the same way in the market as a result of greed, fear, ignorance, and hope. That is why the numerical formations and patterns recur on a constant basis. Over and over, with slight variations.
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Found a member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What I want to know is, exactly how many thumb cliques are in a posse? Someone write me an OOB, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep forgetting that trying to get serious answers on this site is a fucking waste of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
J.L.Robert wrote:
I keep forgetting that trying to get serious answers on this site is a fucking waste of time.
You assume there is a serious answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: 'Come and see the violence inherent in the system!'Microbadge: Badge owner asserts that they have participated in the Funny Military Picture thread. Like, more than once evenMicrobadge: "When the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object" - Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of BeingMicrobadge: Geek of the Week
As a sleeper agent, I only know there are other cells, unbeknownst to one another & orchestrated by the "Boss/Oyabun". ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that the group is so secret that a person is not even allowed to know whether he's a member, or what his role is, or whether he's even doing a good job.

Perhaps membership is somewhat like finding out that your character in Clue is actually the killer: you don't know you're a member during the time that you're active, but only in retrospect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
calandale wrote:

The phrase comes from the thread last year. Someone was unhappy with the wargames forum here. It took a bit of whittling down in the thread but in the end he was upset that some people were getting more thumbs than he thought they deserved. He basically thought there were a bunch of people who went around thumbing each others posts regardless of what it was and that was unfair for those who were not part of this in crowd. I think Billy then coined the phrase "thumb posse". Pete Belli then got a microbadge made for it and a bunch of us bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mrbeankc wrote:
calandale wrote:

The phrase comes from the thread last year. Someone was unhappy with the wargames forum here. It took a bit of whittling down in the thread but in the end he was upset that some people were getting more thumbs than he thought they deserved. He basically thought there were a bunch of people who went around thumbing each others posts regardless of what it was and that that was unfair for those who were part of this in crowd. I think Billy then coined the phrase "thumb posse", then Pete Belli got a microbadge made for it and a bunch of us bought it.
Damn you and your sensible answers, being all reasonable like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
petegs wrote:

Damn you and your sensible answers, being all reasonable like.
I can not remember the last time the words sensible and reasonable were used to describe me at the same time. If they ever were they did not come from my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mrbeankc wrote:
Someone was unhappy with the wargames forum here. It took a bit of whittling down in the thread but in the end he was upset that some people were getting more thumbs than he thought they deserved. He basically thought there were a bunch of people who went around thumbing each others posts regardless of what it was and that was unfair for those who were not part of this in crowd.
Like the New York Review of Each Other's Books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier R
France
flag msg tools
It makes me feel really insecure and distressed when other people get a lot of thumbs up on this internet message board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
pepe le moko wrote:
It makes me feel really insecure and distressed when other people get a lot of thumbs up on this internet message board.
This one's for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
The phrase comes from the thread last year. Someone was unhappy with the wargames forum here. It took a bit of whittling down in the thread but in the end he was upset that some people were getting more thumbs than he thought they deserved. He basically thought there were a bunch of people who went around thumbing each others posts regardless of what it was and that was unfair for those who were not part of this in crowd. I think Billy then coined the phrase "thumb posse". Pete Belli then got a microbadge made for it and a bunch of us bought it.
Oh. Someone's all butt-hurt that (s)he doesn't get enough "thumbs" on these forums?

Tell ya what...whoever wants me to thumb a comment of theirs, just ask.

Thumbs are sooooo valuable. They get you a cup of coffee at Denny's, after your $1.69 donation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo Pye2 wrote:
I'm not surprised by the rough treatment of new users by a certain group (thumb clique posse)...
ocirneX wrote:
First rule about the thumb clique posse, don't talk about the thumb clique posse.
In all seriousness it's all in good fun really. No real harm meant. If anyone doesn't like this kind of fun then you really should think about checking out one of the more serious wargaming websites out there. Here we like to have fun our way.

Related: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12682117#12682117
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |