Subject: First time for all rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick, Barry, Phil, Greg and I were all playing for the first time. I explained the rules in about 5 minutes. The game took about an hour.

The gameplay was the nasty fun most people on BGG said it was.

I locked in some pigs early, but way overpaid to get the fourth in a horsetrade. I didn't get back on track money-wise until too late, but I did manage to get the sheep set also and finish in third.

I was on the pointy end of the stick in several trades, "feeling like a fool" as that song oldie goes. It's painful to look at the offer you just accepted for your dog and realize it's a 10 and a 0. DOH!

Some people tried random and quasi-random offers, but they didn't work out too well. It's too easy to figure out what the best counter is that way. (For example, one random card -- you counter with a 10. Either you steal it for 10 or only give up a small amount.)

Patrick won with the Horses (as is often the case, according to the reports here) and two of the smaller sets. Barry second with Donkeys and Cows.

I agree with the summation of most of the reviews here. Engaging, social, and poker-like decisions, but a little long for a card game and a little lucky for the auction draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.