Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tony lee
United States
arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a tabletop game tonight. One of the players has an iPad and has that version of the game.

When it was time to claim a discovery tile, I immediately flipped mine over to decide if I wanted 2VP or whatever was on the other side. He said that on the iPad you have to choose 2VP or "whatever" without looking at the other side.

I had to show him page 9 of the rules where it says, "after placing the hex, you may take control of the hex by placing an Influence Disc from your Influence Track on the hex. If the hex contains a Discovery Tile, you may take it when placing the Influence Disc. All Discovery Tiles are double sided: the tile back has a 2 VP value, and the face side has a bonus (see page 7). Show the face side of the Discovery, and immediately decide which side to use."

I didn't see anything in any FAQ or posting in these forums to say that the rules for the tabletop has changed so I'm assuming the iPad version is wrong (unless he missed a button to look at the tile before choosing).

Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Winter
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
On the iPad the other side is shown as well. You don't need to hit any button for that. So there is no difference between both versions in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony lee
United States
arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. This is just what my friend told me as I have not seen the iPad version. I'll tell him to look more closely.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend has the Eclipse App and reported that in the iPad game it is possible to draw an Ancient ship tile (e.g. Conformal Drive; Energy Consumption 2) and install it into your blue prints EVEN if this would exceed your available power - UNDER THE CONDITION that you do not have a ship of that modified type on the board yet.

E.g. one can design a ship that has too much energy consumption, as long as this ship is not actually produced. If one wants to build the ship, then one has to upgrade the engine - until then it is un unbuildable blue print.

Anyone else can confirm that mechanism on the iPad-App or give me the rule section in the book. I looked for it and could not locate something like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decadence wrote:
My friend has the Eclipse App and reported that in the iPad game it is possible to draw an Ancient ship tile (e.g. Conformal Drive; Energy Consumption 2) and install it into your blue prints EVEN if this would exceed your available power - UNDER THE CONDITION that you do not have a ship of that modified type on the board yet.

E.g. one can design a ship that has too much energy consumption, as long as this ship is not actually produced. If one wants to build the ship, then one has to upgrade the engine - until then it is un unbuildable blue print.

Anyone else can confirm that mechanism on the iPad-App or give me the rule section in the book. I looked for it and could not locate something like this.
Forbidden in rules. Ship's design must always meet power limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
Microbadge: Street Fighter fanMicrobadge: Final Fantasy fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: The Walking Dead fanMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan
What they might be trying to imply (but got wrong, Radziol is correct) is that in the boardgame when you get an Ancient Ship tile, you may take it as an upgrade off your supply board and put it in with a future upgrade action. This can be done when you like a part but can't find a space for it due to reasons that may include power source restrictions. However, those definitely to not affect the designs until placed and meeting power requirements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls