Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game» Forums » General

Subject: Pencils on Research coaster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I Love SnowMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: Happy to be a carbon-based lifeform!Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fan
I'm very curious about VJ:TCG:TDG, and just watched the Kickstarter video.

I was surprised to see pencils filling in dots on the Research coaster. This fills me with dread, wondering how the poor coaster will stand up to repeated play.

Please reassure me, before backing, that there will be a different option: maybe plastic coasters with dry erase markers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
Avatar
Microbadge: The Inquisitive Meeple fanMicrobadge: Heart of a Striker Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: Another victim of the one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple meeple eater
The research coaster you are talking about is paper. It will be a pad of double sided paper.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
Microbadge: T. C. Petty III fanMicrobadge: New Bedford fanMicrobadge: Dice Hate Me Games fanMicrobadge: Fate of the Elder Gods fanMicrobadge: Dice Hate Me
spritey wrote:
I'm very curious about VJ:TCG:TDG, and just watched the Kickstarter video.

I was surprised to see pencils filling in dots on the Research coaster. This fills me with dread, wondering how the poor coaster will stand up to repeated play.

Please reassure me, before backing, that there will be a different option: maybe plastic coasters with dry erase markers?
Please check out the FAQ at the bottom of the main campaign page for more info. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/vivajava-the-...

Cheers,
Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blogMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: GeekStarter ParticipantMicrobadge: Does whatever a Spider-Meeple can
I think the downloadable file could be a suitable solution
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Dice Hate Me Games fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan - Citizen Dawn: Rise!Microbadge: T. C. Petty III fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome Black Box fan (Red badge)Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past fan
I personnally think I'll try to laminate a set of 4 of those coasters included and try to find some little markers to keep track of everything (perhaps I'll be able to find some wooden coffee beans somewhere...?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blogMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: GeekStarter ParticipantMicrobadge: Does whatever a Spider-Meeple can
MrLeRobot wrote:
I personnally think I'll try to laminate a set of 4 of those coasters included and try to find some little markers to keep track of everything (perhaps I'll be able to find some wooden coffee beans somewhere...?)
Or i can make a facsimile of the coaster and laminate that one! Hmmmmm
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Golden State Warriors fan Microbadge: Great Western Trail fan Microbadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Dokmus fan
Could you not also use a bunch of otherwise-uselessly-hanging-around wooden cubes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I Love SnowMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: Happy to be a carbon-based lifeform!Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fan
ckirkman wrote:
Please check out the FAQ at the bottom of the main campaign page for more info. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/vivajava-the-...

Cheers,
Chris
I completely missed that, Chris. Thanks for pointing it out.

Access to replacement sheets would be welcomed!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I Love SnowMicrobadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: Happy to be a carbon-based lifeform!Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fan
mospinach wrote:
Could you not also use a bunch of otherwise-uselessly-hanging-around wooden cubes?
Pfft! Who would have bunches of tiny wood cubes sitting around in his/her house? ninja
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls