Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Lang wrote this in the Kickstarter comments yesterday, but it is already gone in the history. Just sharing so more can read it
Eric Lang wrote:
Re: multiplayer Kaosball. I did talk about it awhile ago, but it's buried way down in comments by now. 4-player free for all is crazy, as you would expect. There actually is a fair amount of room to maneuver, though, and whether or not to interrupt somebody going through your killzone often becomes a tough decision, as you still only have up to six live energy cards to play with.
Three-player looks a bit like prisoner's dilemna with one team having open access to the major scoring mound, but they are surrounded by two teams that act first, and if they make a beeline for the ball they have to stop, which gives everyone else a chance to react. It's actually quite balanced overall.
Four player alliances, 2v2, I must admit is my favorite multiplayer mode. The fact that the lowest scoring team is the final score for the entire alliance means that it's a complex game of coordination and teamwork and not just extreme specialization. And now that we've unlocked a bunch of the teams, the different alliances you can get is pretty hilarious. The pre-game draft is also a very different animal, where you have to bid against your opponents but raise the prices of your teammate's desired upgrades and ringers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls