Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BGG» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » SA (Adelaide)

Subject: Game shop lists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan B
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

Looking around for (good) Game shops in Adelaide.
I know:

Infinity Games
Board Game Shop (Adelaide Arcade)

but nothing else.
would really like to get hands on some Mage Wars expansions before the end of the week, happy to drive to where they are if they have some.

Is there a definitive list around BGG somewhere? I find BGG awfully difficult to navigate.

Thanks
Mash

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Leedham
Australia
Croydon Park
South Australia
flag msg tools
Except that one time I played a rose...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a small board game section and a quite active Magic / Pokemon / other collectable card game community at Justice Comics in the arcade that connects to the railway station (off Bank St).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try Australian online stores if you're in a pinch.
I've used milsims, but there's also games paradise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan B
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, will try the one near the station, Milsim have been great but Gameparadise are rubbish. They say they have stock when they don't have had to get refunds twice. Really wanted before the weekend.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Also try unhalfbricking.com - he's in Melbourne so before the weekend is out, but he's been around a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rowntree
Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
There is Hobby Matrix in Fairview Park and Gamers Guild down Christies Beach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cowley
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not been to hoby matrix or gamer's guild, so will have to check them out. Thanks for posting them.

Growing up in country SA I've always relied on Milsims.

I've just moved back to SA from Perth and they have the best games store I've ever set foot in - Tactics. Just amazing. I recall there used to be a Tactics in Adelaide, but it was a pale shadow. A bit off topic I know, but I thought they deserve a mention. Everytime I visit Perth I make sure I have a bit extra to take into the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott at Hobby Matrix will order games in for you (takes about 1 week) and will match any Australian online price including freight. I have done this with Mage Wars, Thunderstone an their expansions. Very friendly quick and reliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debra
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You already know about Justice Comics, Infinity and Games World (at Westfield Marion as well as in Adelaide Arcade). Apart from that I tend to shop online.

I've used joedodgy.com.au and adventgames.com.au with no problems so far.

And a recent purchase from Advent Games was incredibly quick. I ordered Tuesday night (very, very late) and it was delivered by Friday afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Serendip01 wrote:
You already know about Justice Comics, Infinity and Games World (at Westfield Marion as well as in Adelaide Arcade). Apart from that I tend to shop online.
These are the ones I frequent. Justice Comics and Infinity Games both have play areas, which is very useful.

I find Games World tends to have the largest range of board games, but are significantly more expensive than the others. Good to go to if you need something urgently, but I wouldn't buy from them regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debra
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, if you're looking for online retailers at any point then start with this list:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/159272/2013-online-austral...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan B
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mind you, Just recently went to Infinity to buy a Mage Wars upgrade and was much more expensive than Games World. You really need to shop around. Infinity is starting to approach Games World for lots of it's stock.

Also Infinity is all About MTG thats all people seem to play in there... boring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debra
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infinity isn't all about MtG, they do stock some board games and they had a %off special at the end of the f/yr. So I guess it's a case of pick when you shop.

But I have to say that I've been pretty impressed with the range of board games in Games World in Adelaide Arcade the last couple of times I've been in there and the guy serving was incredibly helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls