Subject: Fire and Brimstone. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dearth of creatures support concerns me a little. You don't really have any heavy hitters and only 2 total creatures, which seems a little iffy to me. For a Forcemaster, sure. For a Priest, I'm not convinced yet.

This build seems vulnerable to swarms. You have no way to punish swarm plays, which means that you'll need to prevent your opponent from building up a huge swarm or they'll just kill you.

Why not Colossus Belt instead of Regrowth Belt? You already have healing from Highland Unicorn, Vampirism, Heal, and Hand of Bim-Shalla, and your low creature count leaves you vulnerable to Daze/Stun lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rock lobster
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I see a couple HAGs (high armor guards) potentially wrecking your every plan. Once the HAGs come out, the JINX meta begins and your mono-Mage really falls behind in tempo.

But I admit this is fuzzy-talk until we playtest it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rock lobster
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I cannot wait to playtest 'Intercept.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rock lobster
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Im waiting for something better/faster than Mana Leech before I go Dedicated Control. Im not impressed by the Mana Leech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome M. II
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This Fire Priest build is very similar to my own. I like some of the choices you've made but allow me to make a case for the Pillar of Light.

The Pillar is valuable with the Priest for a few reasons. One, card synergy. If you already have on a Dawnbreaker Ring and a Hawkeye then why not? Two, cost - level 1 holy, five mana, two dice, six mana auto-burn, pfftt. Three, range. PoL easily gives you more tactical options when working the mandatory burn initiative. Four, stun - melee can auto-burn for one mana and daze with 9+ on the d12 but the priest cannot stun with melee (less staff in hand) and stun is the bizz. Five, bonuses - oh, is that creature non-living? I'll add two dice - Thx. Six - block fodder. I would much prefer blowing a PoL on the quick opposed to going for the melee to meet a block or reverse attack.

In my opinion, PoL is a card that was made to synergize with the Priest, not just a Priest build, the Priest. Not saying a build can't go without it - but considering the cost, why would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome M. II
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lol. Better than the wrath of the stone wizard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.