Subject: Anyone using Marvel Unlimited? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fiasco RPG fanMicrobadge: Phil Coulson, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. fan.Microbadge: My Google-Fu is strongMicrobadge: Papskubber.dk fanMicrobadge: Game Tart - I flit from game to game
Hey you guys.

I'm a huge fan of digital comics; living in Denmark, the exchange rate for physical comics is really bad (I usually end up paying $6 for a $4 book.

I'm considering switching to Marvel Unlimited, as I'm basically only reading marvel books (and Wonder Woman), but I'm having some questions before I jump in - and wondered if anyone on here actually uses the service?

If you do: How day-and-date are the release of the books? I can get basically every marvel book on comixology the day it comes out, will I be able to do so on Marvel Unlimited?

My iPad is not connected to 3G - I heard that I could "only" take 6 or 8 books with me for "offline" reading; is that correct?

How much of a back catalogue is there? For instance, say I want to read all of Ultimate Spider-Man; would that be possible? How about older series than that? Say stuff from the 70s or 80s? Or even the 90s?

I've tried searching for this info on marvel.com, but they really don't want to tell me...

Any info would be appreciated, as well as any personal experiences (good or bad) with the app & program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to know as well, Peter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Taiwanese games fan
I'm not on Marvel unlimited, but because I downloaded their iOS app, they like to send me things saying they have "recently added" different issues. Based on the issues available digitally as well, the catalogue isn't exhaustive.

I don't think everything has been digitized yet, so I don't think every issue is available. And if they are using Comixology's special panel by panel scroll, that takes special programming so it could be a while.

I wish I could be more help than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested as well, downloaded the app, and have browsed. I was pretty impressed at the number of titles on there, but wasn't a big fan of the interface. Seemed like when I looked at the sample issues, it was a bit of struggle to turn pages on my tablet.

Like the concept, still unsure if it's worth the price of admission yet. I half worry that I'll be too overwhelmed by choices and give up (as an Xmen reader from the 70's who'd have a ton of catching up to do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fiasco RPG fanMicrobadge: Phil Coulson, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. fan.Microbadge: My Google-Fu is strongMicrobadge: Papskubber.dk fanMicrobadge: Game Tart - I flit from game to game
I just saw that this week they added Amazing Spider-Man 700; so no - they are indeed not day & date.

While it makes sense, from a business standpoint, I'm very disappointed - that's what I really wanted...a good subscription service with newer titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a faq of sorts here: marvel.com/help/category/8

There's a minimum 6 month wait before an issue is added to the archive, presumably because the die-hard fanatics that provide most of their revenue would rather buy the individual issues than wait that long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls