Pick-a-Dog» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Picking a Pig at the Wandering Dragon in Plainfield, IL 6/25/13 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jon beall
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron and Noah had just finished an intense game of Fantastiqa, and before they left for the evening they wanted to give Pick-a-Pig a try.

Kim decided to play as well. I laid the cards out in a grid on the table, and explained the rules. Everyone had their captain card face down in front of them... and I shouted "1-2-3 go!"

Play was brisk, but not fast and furious, as players tried to identify cards that would contain only one change from the card they picked up before.

Aaron yelled "STOP!" and so the card counting began. Aaron could have picked up another card, so he immediately lost all his cards from the round. Noah had cards that had more than one change from the card before, and so lost all his cards. Kim was able to hold onto her cards, as was I.

We started round two, and I could tell that Aaron and Noah were determined to pick up more cards and compensate from their earlier loss.

Play started to get more frantic, and then Aaron yelled "STOP!"

This time, he couldn't have picked up an additional card, and when his cards were examined all of them contained one or zero changes from the card before.

Noah was able to hold onto all of his cards from the round as well, as was Kim. I also held onto my cards.

That was all the time we had for a demo of Pick-a-Pig that evening, but the combination of the whimsical art and the fast gameplay attracted a lot of attention from nearby gamers.

Aaron and Noah immediately picked up a copy so that they could continue playing at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls