Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
i have working for some time now on a new game that i'm working and the more i play it i feel better about the game. in the game all the players are fighting on a little space by building buidlings. at start it's mostly about building right buildings at right time trying to build the fastest with your limited supply. as the game develops players will find they need to trade more, fight until the death on a little place. space and supply are the things that limit players the most. the game can be confusing at first game as my friends mentioned becuase all the elements you need to think about. although to day i had a record, i explained to a new tester the game in 4 minutes exactly (checked on watch to see how much time it takes). the theme of the game is quite simple. an island had been discovered and few people decided to try and build there cities while trying to attract people to visit and people to live. but they found out that other people thought they could build the altimate city and get all the money. now they fight, not with guns but with thier brains, building buildings wisely in order to get money, resources and people to live there. i don't want new testers to test it becuase i don't feel i had tested it enough with my family and friends. i wanted to know what you all geek designers think about the game.

thanks
nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Settlers of Catan or Elasund: The First City of Catan for similar themes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
maxac wrote:
Check out Settlers of Catan or Elasund: The First City of Catan for similar themes.

the theme might be little similiar although notice that in SoC you build cities, roads and villiages while here you simply developing 1 city and the main goal is to get most people live at your city. also i don't feel that the theme is that important here. simple explanation of what why you are building all those buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Big City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good theme. Building games are popular, and there aren't a huge amount of modern day ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.