Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The photos posted on the geek so far to not impress me. is there is final art work or is there updated art somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has posted the inner portion of the map at
*** http://www.gmtgames.com/nnwp/PlunderMap-5.jpg

Gene Billingley at GMT referred to this map as "near-final" on CSW. We're still discussing how some of the elements on it are presented, and the scoring track is obviously missing, but this view should give a feel for where the map is headed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just saw this yesterday. My first thought was 'Wow!' I'm loving how this one is coming together. I really like the background map detail too. My only hope is that I can read most of the text even though it's mostly there for theme.

I'm just happy knowing it'll be on the table later this year. laugh

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest map image for Winds of Plunder w/scoring track
I've uploaded a newer version of the Winds of Plunder map to the game's forum on Consimworld. It's a small scale map, sort of a placeholder until we can get the larger version posted on the GMT web site.
*** http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd0a537/128

This version has the scoring track on it.
jyeackle wrote:
I really like the background map detail too. My only hope is that I can read most of the text even though it's mostly there for theme.

I'm waiting to see how that comes out on the printer in the production copy. The underlying map was supplied at a high enough resolution that one could read most of the text, but we'll see how it actually comes out in its physical rendition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the map. And the concept of the game too.

Just an annoying question: Will the board be hard-mounted? Will it be like the one in Twilight Struggle? Or like Here I Stand?

I don´t mind thin layered boards, but a friend has asked...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been told that the board was spec'ed in the same manner as for GMT's Santa Fe Rails. That board is hard mounted, and ~23.5" x 16.25".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mullin
United States
Budd Lake
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to the Craig Grando artwork shown on GMT's game page? http://www.gmtgames.com/nnwp/sneakpeek_closeup1.html

Did it get dropped from the project?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvinrah wrote:
What happened to the Craig Grando artwork shown on GMT's game page? http://www.gmtgames.com/nnwp/sneakpeek_closeup1.html

Did it get dropped from the project?

Yes, it did.

I don't have the details. But the decision to drop the preview art partially involves Craig Grando not being available when the go ahead was given on the Essen push, and partially involves rework of some elements that didn't work in terms of game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sample tile posted
I just uploaded a few sample tiles for the game:
*** http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd0a537/151

I still don't know what the actual plastic arrow for the compass will look like. The one shown in the sample is a mockup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
The north south chart is missing from the map. I know when we played the demo, we used that a bit, is the final map more clear in which cities are north of other cities now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the new map is more clear in showing the separations. The island placement on the underlying antique map lent itself better to giving the ports a little extra separation.

You can also follow the latitude lines in the background to help tell which ports are north/south of which.

Finally, Mark Simonitch was consistent in making sure that the VP tile spaces are in order north-south as well as the ports, so if you still can't tell by the circles you can tell by the VP tile spots. (Though, to be honest, the port circles are a much better guide!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
trnardo wrote:
I believe the new map is more clear in showing the separations. The island placement on the underlying antique map lent itself better to giving the ports a little extra separation.

You can also follow the latitude lines in the background to help tell which ports are north/south of which.

Finally, Mark Simonitch was consistent in making sure that the VP tile spaces are in order north-south as well as the ports, so if you still can't tell by the circles you can tell by the VP tile spots.

Yeah, I was just looking at the current map and I would agree, it does appear to be easier to tell what's north of what in this one.

Can't wait to play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.