Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only seen 4 player games and the box content says 4 faction cards. Is the 5 player max data wrong or will it be expanded to 5 later on?

CHRIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map in the basegame supports 5 players but only 4 factions come in the base game. To play 5pl you need one of the expansion factions (one is included in the 240 USD level).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a 6 to 8 player map as one of the stretch goals, which would allow you to play with all 7 factions (there is no 8th faction yet, but the board would allow 8th players because it works like the normal board)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment no 8th faction is planned, but I am sure there will be homebrew factions created on the Geek and elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any consideration to including a sheet for an Azathoth faction in the 6-8 player expansion so it can be used in an 8-player game rather than neutrally, Sandy? That's where I figured things would go with that expansion if it is unlocked.

I know it's not exactly thematic for the blind mindless god, but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Azathoth is not really set up to be an independent faction without a ton of house rules.

1) he doesn't have any cultists.
2) his "spellbooks" are sort of generic, useful to anyone, and not specific to his "faction".
3) all his monsters come with unique abilities which would probably make them overpowered in a game where only he had access to them.
4) he doesn't have a set-up location or faction unique ability.

None of these are insuperable of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls