Subject: 1st Player Marker Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Chicoine
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First of all I'd like to start off with that I am still a huge fan of the Asenath Waite marker. However, with the new stretch goal reached and the old gent of Providence himself being unlocked I am torn. I'm hoping that at the Cultist or Cultes Des Goules level you are able to choose between the two. I can't justify buying another first player marker when this one feels so right(and the game has one already at my current pledge level). Nine out of ten times I would choose the Lovecraft marker over the Waite marker. So Sandy, Arthur, anyone....how about a little love for the Lovecraft marker? Thank you for keeping the community as updated and informed as you guys can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zebra Matt
United Kingdom
Brighton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I ever manage to land a FD CDG, I'd sign up to this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are looking into this option with the pledge manager but there are no guarantees, they are a small team and it just may not be possible since it causes all sorts of logistics problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I want them both.
I think I'll use them at the same time.
Each one pointing in a different direction.
If you can't defeat your enemies, confuse them. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
This is an easy fix. Just add a HPL Coultes de Ghouls level.

No headaches
No lost funds
No complexity added via pledge-manager swapping

They added 10 early bird specials than can surely add this.

So how exactly would it work so as not to lose any funds for anyone? Existing CDG and existing Cultist level backers would need to be able to switch to it while preserving any Early Bird discounts they currently have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian van Loenen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to change this at all. The CDG pledge levels clearly stated the AW Player figure was included in it. So as CDG pledger you choose to get this miniature, otherwise you should have chosen a cultist pledge.

I for this reason chose NOT to choose the available FDS level but instead went for a cultist level. Changing this now would make me unhappy (all all other backers who thought about this and pledged accordingly) since I could get it cheaper then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zebra Matt
United Kingdom
Brighton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaosmagix wrote:
No need to change this at all. The CDG pledge levels clearly stated the AW Player figure was included in it. So as CDG pledger you choose to get this miniature, otherwise you should have chosen a cultist pledge.

I for this reason chose NOT to choose the available FDS level but instead went for a cultist level. Changing this now would make me unhappy (all all other backers who thought about this and pledged accordingly) since I could get it cheaper then.

Presumably you also didn't want the dice, gates and/or Opener expansion? Or did you manage to score an EB1!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
kaosmagix wrote:

Well, not changing this will make me unhappy (a little) because I don't want the Asenath figure and I do want the HPL figure and I have a CDG early bird. I still wanted the other stuff in the CDG bundle and it worked out alright, although I bought it before the faction bundle stuff was available. So, when I selected my level, I was missing some options that are now available. (HPL as a marker didn't even exist yet.)

Giving someone else an option shouldn't make you upset. (That doesn't mean it won't, it just means it shouldn't!)

Anyway! I don't want Asenath and would really like the option to switch the player marker. It's cool though, controversy sells, and I'm just doing my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a gameplay question for Sandy, Arthur, et al, about the upgraded 1st player markers. The cardboard marker is cleverly designed to show clockwise turn order on one side and counter-clockwise on the other. With the 3D markers, is there some clever mechanism that allows players to show which way the turn order goes, or do we simply have to point the figure left or right and hope it doesn't get knocked over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
Here's a gameplay question for Sandy, Arthur, et al, about the upgraded 1st player markers. The cardboard marker is cleverly designed to show clockwise turn order on one side and counter-clockwise on the other. With the 3D markers, is there some clever mechanism that allows players to show which way the turn order goes, or do we simply have to point the figure left or right and hope it doesn't get knocked over?

From watching the videos with the little proxy fairy figurine they're using currently, and looking at the figures -- they're just going to point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Curwen

New York
msg tools
Yes they point in the direction of the next player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.