Subject: Good with 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have experience with this as a 2 player game? The game seems like would be really good at the 4 player count and decent at 3. It concerns me a bit with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
Does anyone have experience with this as a 2 player game? The game seems like would be really good at the 4 player count and decent at 3. It concerns me a bit with 2.
The game isn't commercially available yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Spillman
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Print and Play files have been around for a while now, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Bennett-Daggett
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2p suitability is nearly always my primary consideration. I decided not to back this game based on this thread, where the designer said that 2p was functional and OK but not the best. If the community consensus is different once the game's more widely available, maybe that would change my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiAtros wrote:
2p suitability is nearly always my primary consideration. I decided not to back this game based on this thread, where the designer said that 2p was functional and OK but not the best. If the community consensus is different once the game's more widely available, maybe that would change my mind.

Yeah, it does seem best with 4. But at least the designer has made at least one great 2 player game: Scripts and Scribes Dice is an amazing 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter the Great
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I just got my Kickstarter copy. My fiance and I played three two player games in a row. That is my only reference, and we really enjoyed it. It seems like a good 'throw in a bag and take with us' game. More interesting than other small card games (fluxx, guillotine, gloom). When I get a chance to play with more people, Ill write up a review.

But to answer your question, it works well as a 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Scooter. My girlfriend and I played a two player game today and I thought it played surprisingly well with only two people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, although there is more going on with 4, I actually enjoyed it as well with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls