Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game – Dark City» Forums » General

Subject: Tech, Covert, Energy, Hulk Hand, and Seashell rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Potty Scotty

Texas
msg tools
So when my group and I first started playing Legendary I read to them the names of each of the hero classifications. Covert and tech managed to stick, but for months we have called the others Energy, Hulk Hand Heroes, and Seashells.

It's funny in the middle of the game when someone reads a card text and says "each player reveals a Seashell..." or "reveal a Hulk Hand or gain a wound."

So I was wondering if any other groups have done something similar or if we're the only ship of fools.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
People in my gamer group think Instinct is a wolverine hand with his claws retracted. I think they call it Claw instead of Instinct. As for Range I think it's been called crosshairs before.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
cabrat wrote:
So I was wondering if any other groups have done something similar or if we're the only ship of fools.
Ahoy captain!

We've reduced ours to just colours instead of "what's that red brain thing"

Yes we are that lazy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just calling them by color now...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cabrat wrote:
So when my group and I first started playing Legendary I read to them the names of each of the hero classifications. Covert and tech managed to stick, but for months we have called the others Energy, Hulk Hand Heroes, and Seashells.

It's funny in the middle of the game when someone reads a card text and says "each player reveals a Seashell..." or "reveal a Hulk Hand or gain a wound."

So I was wondering if any other groups have done something similar or if we're the only ship of fools.
Yes! My wife and I can never remember what the actual icons mean with the exception of Tech.

Tech - Tech
Covert - Red Ying Yang
Range - Focus/Target
Strength - Green Punchy Fist
Instinct - Shell Head
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
greyelephant wrote:
cabrat wrote:
So when my group and I first started playing Legendary I read to them the names of each of the hero classifications. Covert and tech managed to stick, but for months we have called the others Energy, Hulk Hand Heroes, and Seashells.

It's funny in the middle of the game when someone reads a card text and says "each player reveals a Seashell..." or "reveal a Hulk Hand or gain a wound."

So I was wondering if any other groups have done something similar or if we're the only ship of fools.
Yes! My wife and I can never remember what the actual icons mean with the exception of Tech.

Tech - Tech
Covert - Red Ying Yang
Range - Focus/Target
Strength - Green Punchy Fist
Instinct - Shell Head
Shell Head? (Iron Man's nickname)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
greyelephant wrote:
cabrat wrote:
So when my group and I first started playing Legendary I read to them the names of each of the hero classifications. Covert and tech managed to stick, but for months we have called the others Energy, Hulk Hand Heroes, and Seashells.

It's funny in the middle of the game when someone reads a card text and says "each player reveals a Seashell..." or "reveal a Hulk Hand or gain a wound."

So I was wondering if any other groups have done something similar or if we're the only ship of fools.
Yes! My wife and I can never remember what the actual icons mean with the exception of Tech.

Tech - Tech
Covert - Red Ying Yang
Range - Focus/Target
Strength - Green Punchy Fist
Instinct - Shell Head
Shell Head? (Iron Man's nickname)
LOL!

More like Sea Shell Head. :0)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
Avatar
Microbadge: ellipsisMicrobadge: Birdwatcher
okami31 wrote:
I'm just calling them by color now...
Yellow, red, blue, black... Works fine for us.

I think that the "technical" jargon makes it harder non gamers to get into. Think about it if you happen to play in a public area..." no you need to play an instinct hero before you get to pick up a card"...there goes the street cred cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
okami31 wrote:
I'm just calling them by color now...
Yellow, red, blue, black... Works fine for us.

I think that the "technical" jargon makes it harder non gamers to get into. Think about it if you happen to play in a public area..." no you need to play an instinct hero before you get to pick up a card"...there goes the street cred cool


laugh
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
crazedyeti wrote:
okami31 wrote:
I'm just calling them by color now...
Yellow, red, blue, black... Works fine for us.

I think that the "technical" jargon makes it harder non gamers to get into. Think about it if you happen to play in a public area..." no you need to play an instinct hero before you get to pick up a card"...there goes the street cred cool
That's better than "You need to reveal a black hero"? O.o
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Instinct and Covert are Yellow and Red because the symbols don't really look like anything. Strength and Tech are okay, though.

Ranged was just Blue for a while, but now I've taken to calling it "Blaster," which I believe was the original name for the icon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
Avatar
Microbadge: ellipsisMicrobadge: Birdwatcher
Entice wrote:
crazedyeti wrote:
okami31 wrote:
I'm just calling them by color now...
Yellow, red, blue, black... Works fine for us.

I think that the "technical" jargon makes it harder non gamers to get into. Think about it if you happen to play in a public area..." no you need to play an instinct hero before you get to pick up a card"...there goes the street cred cool
That's better than "You need to reveal a black hero"? O.o
I never honestly thought of it that sense... That could be construed and taken in a way that someone would find it not PC and there for offensive.If anyone found my original comment offensive, my apologies, it was not my intent. I was simply stating how my group does things to facilitate play as well as attempting to inject some humor into my comment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Shehab
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have always called the Green Strength icon 'Punchy' and it has caught on. The rest we tend to remember, though Instinct is often just called 'Yellow' instead.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
crazedyeti wrote:

I never honestly thought of it that sense... That could be construed and taken in a way that someone would find it not PC and there for offensive.If anyone found my original comment offensive, my apologies, it was not my intent. I was simply stating how my group does things to facilitate play as well as attempting to inject some humor into my comment.
Wasn't saying you were being offensive...just pointing out that using colors may introduce some odd and unintended comments

Legendary: Cards Against Humanity edition!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One guy I play with always calls the Instinct icon "sense". It's close enough that I only correct him once per game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
One guy I play with always calls the Instinct icon "sense". It's close enough that I only correct him once per game.
That would make sense based upon I've been told by Team Legendary, the inspiration for the artwork was in fact...."Spidey Sense".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcclain
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
for the first few weeks we were going by this format..

Strength = green fist
Ranged = Ranged
Covert = Swirly Fists
Tech = Tech
Instinct = Brain

Shield Trooper = Shield Trooper
Shield Agent = Matt Damons
Shield Officer = went from Shield Bitch to Ellen ShieldGenerous to April O'neil now if i remember correct last few games we were just saying Officer lol

Maggia = Jersey Shore Goon Squad
Apocalypse = Asshole cheater

Iron Man = "Yea right i don't want to use that woman" "why not ironman is cool" "F that put that drunk back in the box..."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Li
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greyelephant wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
One guy I play with always calls the Instinct icon "sense". It's close enough that I only correct him once per game.
That would make sense based upon I've been told by Team Legendary, the inspiration for the artwork was in fact...."Spidey Sense".

THANK YOU!!!!!

So I am RIGHT it is Spidey Sense...I keep trying to tell my friends that
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
We refer to instinct as 'scrapper' sometimes, because the Marvel Facebook game uses the term scrapper with a similar symbol.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dixon
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Power = Green (Power Fist)
Instinct = Yellowish (Fist Pumping Fist)
Range = Blue (Cross Hair)
Co-Op = Red (69)

Usually we go by the color but other then that, we just think of things as we go. The fist pumping fist has been sticking lately though
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Halabi
msg tools
Red:Red
Green: Punchy
Yellow: Brainy
Blue: Shooty
Black: Tech
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brown likethecrayon

Arkansas
msg tools
Yellow: Spidey Sense
Red: OPS
Blue: Blue/Ranged
Black: Tech
Green: Fist

However, when explaining it to people, or asking whether or not someone received a bonus from a card because they already played the appropriate color to get said bonus we say "Is he sensed up?" Or "Is he Teched up?" Which works really well. The only exception to that is green. We asked if they have been fisted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mullins

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mimiccwb wrote:
for the first few weeks we were going by this format..
Shield Trooper = Shield Trooper
Shield Agent = Matt Damons
Shield Officer = went from Shield Bitch to Ellen ShieldGenerous to April O'neil now if i remember correct last few games we were just saying Officer lol
From the first time I played the game, even though the resemblance isn't quite right, I have referred to the agent as "Coulson". This makes for some great jokes when I KO an agent card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
psyberduck wrote:
mimiccwb wrote:
for the first few weeks we were going by this format..
Shield Trooper = Shield Trooper
Shield Agent = Matt Damons
Shield Officer = went from Shield Bitch to Ellen ShieldGenerous to April O'neil now if i remember correct last few games we were just saying Officer lol
From the first time I played the game, even though the resemblance isn't quite right, I have referred to the agent as "Coulson". This makes for some great jokes when I KO an agent card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mullins

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


That sir, that was awesome. I would totally watch that while Tony Stark lay tapered and drooling on the floor.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |