Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Nate for this idea...

So isn't it annoying when you find a little typo in the booklet or a paragraph that directs you to seemingly the wrong place? Yep!

Could you please post any typos or mistakes you find in SHDSG in this thread and when there are enough I will update the booklets and upload v2.0s.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
R001 instructs the player to begin the game at a400. It should be a000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
C238: This one was discussed before -

Quote:
9+: You find yourself drawn into a case with great political consequences. Consult c2047a.
Should point to c238a.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
Microbadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: SoloCon attendeeMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Gaming is best soloMicrobadge: Solo Eurogamer
Hey, Steve. Villain section C234 points to Beppo, but all of his encounter table is a copy of Count Sylvius'. I assume this is an error and that Beppo should have a different encounter table?

Thanks!
Mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
Microbadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: SoloCon attendeeMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Gaming is best soloMicrobadge: Solo Eurogamer
Steve - the villain encounter matrix in section C212: 9+ says to go to section C210a, but I believe it should be C212a.

-Mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,

paragraph "A012. West Midlands, England."

has (incorrectly, I presume) the same description as "A001. City of Westminster, London.", that is:

"You set off into the London pea-soup, not stopping to hail a hansom. You won’t need to travel far.
There are the usual morning walkers, all naturally gravitated to London, this great cesspool into which all the loungers and idlers of the Empire are irresistibly drained."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vetinari7878 wrote:
Hi Steve,

has (incorrectly, I presume) the same description as "A001. City of Westminster, London.", that is:

"You set off into the London pea-soup, not stopping to hail a hansom. You won’t need to travel far.
There are the usual morning walkers, all naturally gravitated to London, this great cesspool into which all the loungers and idlers of the Empire are irresistibly drained."
A013 seems to have the description for the West Midlands.

As the term West Midlands only came into existence in the 1970s, thematically shouldn't it be termed the Black Country or just the Midlands? The Black Country doesn't allow for Coventry but The Midlands will allow for any county across the central band of counties from the Wash to the Welsh Marches.

Incidentally in 1911 Gloucestershire was the labelled the West Midlands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
vetinari7878 wrote:
Hi Steve,

A013 seems to have the description for the West Midlands.

As the term West Midlands only came into existence in the 1970s, thematically shouldn't it be termed the Black Country or just the Midlands? The Black Country doesn't allow for Coventry but The Midlands will allow for any county across the central band of counties from the Wash to the Welsh Marches.

Incidentally in 1911 Gloucestershire was the labelled the West Midlands.
A good point David! West Midlands is the wrong term. I think I was going for 'West of the Midlands' or 'Western Midlands' but simply Midlands would work. As you say it allows for Coventry but extends far enough west to cover other areas.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls