Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark van den Boer
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question came up when we were playing The Resistance: when are the plot cards handed out by the leader?
There are two options:
- When the leader picks the team, but before it's approved. If this is the case, what happens to the plot cards that were dealt?
- After the team has been approved

The rules state: 'At the beginning of each Round the leader draws Plot cards to the other players (not himself)'.
So I guess another way of stating my question is: does the round start when the leader picks the team or does the round start when the team that the leader picks has been approved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the round starts before a leader picks a team. We hand out the plot cards as the first action the leader takes when leadership gets passed (at the start of the game or after a mission success/failure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The round starts at the beginning of the game and immediately after each mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
My understanding is that the round starts before a leader picks a team. We hand out the plot cards as the first action the leader takes when leadership gets passed (at the start of the game or after a mission success/failure).
correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A round is the series of team proposals that culminate in a single mission being run by a voted in team.

The Leader would draw and distribute cards prior to proposing a team.

Cards are distributed up to 5 times:
1) by the initial leader
2) by the leader immediately after a mission ends in success/sabotage

ninja by Travis.

If I'm going to get ninja by someone on this game, it's good that it's Travis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Jesurun
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Just to add a quick clarification, not every time leadership passes, but after a mission is completed. In a full game, plot cards are dealt out only 5 times in the entire game.

For example:

The game starts. Stephen is the first leader. Stephen passes out plot cards. Stephen proposes a team. We vote, and reject the team. Then I am the next leader. I do NOT pass out plot cards. I propose a team. We vote, the team is accepted. The mission runs. There was fail and we put a red marker on the board. Travis is the next leader. He passes out plot cards. He proposes a team...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls