Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Buttineau
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if there's anyone on here local to Barrie that is either looking for an additional member for a gaming group or wants to join one?

I do try and attend the open gaming night at our FLGS (Sir Games A Lot), though my teaching schedule for the summer does make that difficult (I am looking forward to attending more frequently in the fall however since I'm taking a semester off).

I have also been trying to host a weekly Wednesday night group with decent success, we've run between 3-7 people at the house for the last couple of months. If there's interest, it would be nice to expand this group and/or spread it across multiple days of the week.

Anyway, I haven't seen many posting from this area in here, so thought I'd try and gauge interest. Considering the size of the group that shows up on Tuesday nights at the FLGS I thought it might be worth asking.

Cheers,

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
beeton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Kill Doctor Lucky fanMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Board Game Brawl fan
How did the hunt go? I'm looking to join a games night group too. Problem I'm finding is weekdays I can't meet until about 7:30pm (after work) and weekends about 5pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Buttineau
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You were the first to reply

Was hoping that there would be more Barrie Area Gamers on here that'd be interested.

7:30 is a little late on Weekdays for the group of us that meet on Wednesdays since the majority of us have to work on Thursday morning. We could perhaps look at doing a Saturday night one weekend though sometime. I'll bring it up to the group and see if we can find a date that would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seal Bludgeoner
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Totally interested. We live out of town but are in Barrie very often. Weekends are best for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
beeton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Kill Doctor Lucky fanMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Board Game Brawl fan
Weekends are good for me too.

What's the group dynamics like? I'm 32, not an experienced gamer, but keen to learn and play.

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Buttineau
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're all pretty much new to the hobby. The majority of us work together and range in age from 29 to 37.

I'll try and plan a weekend gaming session early in August (either the 2nd or 3rd weekend) and will let you know.

Cheers,

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Wendorf
Canada
flag msg tools
Not much to add here, other than to say the gaming group is pretty solid. We've been doing every wednesday night for a while now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valiant
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of starting a FB Group to try and find some Barrie gamers, then thought I would check here first!

I'm interested if you are still looking for gamers.

What kind of games are you playing? tabletop? card? RPG?

cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valiant
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
behohippy wrote:
Not much to add here, other than to say the gaming group is pretty solid. We've been doing every wednesday night for a while now.
Hah! I wasn't looking very closely at the names before I replied the first time.

I suppose the Barrie geek/gamer community is still a small place

Long time no talk behohippy! Hope all is well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with Derek and Pat a couple weeks ago at my home and it went well. I live in Newmarket, but can travel to Barrie sometimes and can always host any evening. If you ever want to play some euro games, I am the man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seal Bludgeoner
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
OMG Games by Georgian College has gaming on Wednesday nights I think. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Not a bad selection of games either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Aston
msg tools
Hey there, I just registered on this site because I saw this post. I'm trying to find a group to play with. Wednesdays would be fine with me! I'm 30, working professional, novice gamer at lots of games, and semi-pro with some others hehe. What games do you play? Any room for another member of your wednesday night group?
-Cory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Buttineau
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Cory,

We cover a wide assortment of games, usually depends on what the mood is. If you'd like, come out and meet up with us next Tuesday at Sir Games A Lot in the Bayfield mall. Open games night starts there at 6pm and runs until 9pm.

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lefebvre
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there anyone in the Midland/Penetang area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls