Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Rumple
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wasn't even aware of this game on Kickstarter until a few days ago, and now it's past. I downloaded a free sample of the rules and reviewed the figures and must say I'm very impressed. I recently got away from miniature gaming (sold all of them except Napoleonics), but miss the 3D aspect and painting of quality miniatures. I thought about Malifaux for sometime but ruled it out due to the length of play time when 3 or 4 players are involved.

DeepWars takes place entirely beneath the ocean in a alternate earth history. The backstory is interesting but needs more to really give it some punch. However, the game plays fast using a modifided Song of Blades and Heroes ruleset...the rulebook for DeepWars is really beautiful for a small producer. The theme is unique, I loved 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea growing up and all things related and wondered why someone couldn't produce a rich and rewarding miniature game world in a similar setting...and now we have DeepWars.

Just check out the miniatures...they are very nice, you only need a handful to play and most were sculpted by some of the best Reaper sculpters.

I haven't jumped on board yet, but I admit I can't stop looking at the Antimatter Games page...I wish this had come out 10 years ago, but if you love the Undersea Theme and Tabletop Miniatures...you should take a look and give it a little love here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from Recommendations to DeepWars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart VK
msg tools
they are running another kickstarter right now for Shadowsea, Rise of the Draconids.
You can swap miniatures of the running kickstarter for Deepwars mini's

Just have a look, their mini's are awesome!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/rise-of-the-d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls