Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: frozen_in_time [+] [View All]
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Twister is a game that seems to have gotten consistently high ratings and ever-increasing interest since it's release in 2004. A steady stream of expansions have kept it in the public eye, so I'm sure there will continue to be changes to these stats.

For posterity, then, here's the Snapshot:

Statistics:

Number of Views: 67489
Number of Ratings: 558
Average Rating: 7.54
Bayesian Average Rating: 7.45
Game Rank: 89
Overall Rank: 121
Standard Deviation: 1.47
Average Game Play Weight: 2.78
Personal Comments: 388
Users Owning: 876
Users Wanting: 185
Users Trading: 30
Total Plays: 708
Plays this month: 37
Wants Parts In Trade: 0
Has Parts In Trade: 0

Recommendations:

War of the Ring
RoboRally

Forums:

Reviews: 5
Session Reports: 18
General Articles: 71
Rules Questions: 45
Strategy Articles: 1
Variants: 3
Announcements: 10
Image Comments: 6
File Comments: 0

Dungeon Twister has 64 Images, and 24 Files

Dungeon Twister appears on 189 GeekLists

-----

Frozen In Time: A BGG Snapshot is a series of articles capturing BGG data at a specific point in time. These articles intend to highlight changes over time, and may be followed up on in the future. I hope you find them interesting. I take Snapshots of games I think will show significant change in the future, although I may also choose games based on personal interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Miuccio
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Funny, I was going to post on this. It does seem that Dungeon Twister has been the focus of a lot of attention, albeit good and bad. It seems that this game has a very high "love/hate" following and is highly scrutinized. I personally hold this game in very high regards, feeling this game has so many elements that make for a great game, and always read posts coming thru on it, which has steadilly increased over the last few weeks. From the quality of the resin figures, to numerous rules questions, to the problems with the room cardboard thickness, and debates over the fun factor and randomless play there is rarely a point in time when it isnt on the front page of BGG. I'd like to open up a forum, and I think here is a great place, where people can throw in their two cents on why they love it or hate it, as there is very little middle ground.

My love affair with the game comes from the lack of luck and the infinite amount of combinations that can be had. Unlike Chess, which the game is often compare to, I dont feel that there is a dominant strategy or play style that will win. I used to be a Magic player, and this game has some of that feel minus the luck in the combos used while playing the game and in choosing your characters. I also feel that this game will lend itself favorably to tournaments when they arrive here in the states. The fact that they are not inundating the market with expansions (Approximately 2 per year), but change that game up for a reasonable 40 dollars per year will keep the game fresh and new. Here's hoping the interest continues to grow with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.