GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,496 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Jungle RPG Rules Swap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Gadea
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read my rules, I'll read yours. Heck I'll even match the word count of any feedback you can give me

Just a little note before you read, there are 2 other booklets that are needed to play through the various missions of the game. Please review these rules with that in mind, but if you think these rules are missing something, are confusing, or need format changes or anything, please let me know.

If you see any places where images would come in handy and be worth their weight in ink and space, let me know.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3IP7NsCOYgIeGJuUzlPNHJyOW8/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
One player plays as the evil guerilla syndicate known as “The Game” or, more casually, “the overseer”. Henceforth they are not referred to as a “Player”.

It might be better to use a word that meant "players that aren't the bad guy player", such as "heroes" or "good guys", rather than use "players" to mean two different things.

Quote:
Basically, to win, reach the Headquarters and defeat The Game before The Game defeats you.

This isn't true for one player.

Maybe it also should specify whether the good-guy players win or lose together, or whether there can be an individual good-guy winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A bunch of cards
Cards of various color-backing

It might be better to say how many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules look ok.

Explains things fairly well.

Observation: This is (so far by the rules presented) Not even remotely and RPG. This is essentially a skirmish game with some point spendature like Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Gadea
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
This i Not even remotely and RPG.

I think I see what you mean. In that case, what genre would you say this game falls into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Skirmish game. Small units of troops instead of huge armies. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.