GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,717 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Atomic bomb: demolished free space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomic Bomb: "Play on any space (except a Landing Site). Any Aliens there are instantly destroyed. Place a demolished marker in that space."

Seemingly, you can play this card on an empty space (because it does not say "location"). Ok, if you do that, you place a demolished marker on an empty space? What, if later this empty space with the demolished marker is explored by aliens? Is a location card placed beneath the demolished marker?

What, if this location placed underneath the demolished marker is the "Hydro Electric Dam"? Is it "demolished again", thereby affecting adjacent locations? Or is it "already destroyed"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you just put a location there that already is destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collis Jeppesen
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Atomic Bomb: "Play on any space (except a Landing Site). Any Aliens there are instantly destroyed. Place a demolished marker in that space."

Seemingly, you can play this card on an empty space (because it does not say "location"). Ok, if you do that, you place a demolished marker on an empty space? What, if later this empty space with the demolished marker is explored by aliens? Is a location card placed beneath the demolished marker?

What, if this location placed underneath the demolished marker is the "Hydro Electric Dam"? Is it "demolished again", thereby affecting adjacent locations? Or is it "already destroyed"?

I believe if you use the atomic bomb in a space that doesn't have a location, you must put a location there and resolve the results from the bomb (if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? Yes. If a nuke blows up a location, does the damage happen if nobody is there? Yes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a stupid question but why would u want to a-bomb an empty space to begin with? Would it not then just make sense to rule that the bomb can be used on any space so long as theres a location there? I think my first interpretation was that empty space meant empty location (i.e. no aliens present there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
This may be a stupid question but why would u want to a-bomb an empty space to begin with? Would it not then just make sense to rule that the bomb can be used on any space so long as theres a location there? I think my first interpretation was that empty space meant empty location (i.e. no aliens present there).

In competitive play you could a-bomb an opponent's space to foil them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We came across this in our game.

What we did...

Play Atomic bomb in empty space.
Placed the Radiation Token (Triangle Nuke Token) in the space to denote it was.. um Nuked!

IF a player moved into the space , we would reveal the location as normal and immediately place a destroyed token on it and resolved destroyed effects such as Nuke Reactor ect...

Our thinking is , you know it got nuked, but you dont know what got nuked until you get there. Thus those extra Nuke tokens came in real handy.

It keeps the proper play order of the game without interruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
We came across this in our game.
Placed the Radiation Token (Triangle Nuke Token) in the space to denote it was.. um Nuked!

Great use of the nuke tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.