Subject: Session Report - 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Jarvis
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a 2 player game on the rust belt using the east side of the map. The game went very well. Janeofthejungle started off in the north-east and I started in the south-west. The game was the smoothest that we have had yet (technically our 4th game, 2nd 2-player). We love this game, though we have to borrow it from a friend, it is probably our favorite right now.
For the first time since playing, I really went crazy with the complex tracks. I had the largest, most beautiful mess maze of track that I have ever built.
We were neck to neck most of the game, we were both focusing on moving what we can rather than pushing for the long movements sacrificing the early smaller ones. During the 6th turn I started to pull ahead-making use of intricate rail work to score some big moves. In the end we had equal shares sold (9), she had 19 track pieces and I had 23. The final tally was 98-82. The game was very rewarding for both of us, since we were able to play 2 games (this was the second) in the same day, so this one went very smoothly and we were able to concentrate on strategy more than mechanics\rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Todd...

Are you using this 2-player variant?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/81202

Thanks,

Pierce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.