Texas
flag msg tools
PLAY MORE BOARDGAMES!
badge
“I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up.” ― Marty Feldman
mbmbmbmbmb
First game a few days ago...
Two players tied for first.
And they both collected the same number of victory points in the final round.
What's the next tiebreaker?
They could share the win, but I'd rather not bork the Achievements on our first game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yldarr wrote:
First game a few days ago...
Two players tied for first.
And they both collected the same number of victory points in the final round.
What's the next tiebreaker?
They could share the win, but I'd rather not bork the Achievements on our first game...

My dictionary does not tell me what "bork" means, but if your are following the rules (as you should ) there are two winners.

If you want to use another tiebreaker, you can just count the 1,3,6 and 10 VP cards in the complete deck, whoever has more wins.

On the other hand you will have a very special achievement sheet, if you put both names in and you will remember that forever (whatever forever means) and that's more important than to win one game with a lame tiebreaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Montoya
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
PLAY MORE BOARDGAMES!
badge
“I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up.” ― Marty Feldman
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bork" is very uncommon slang for "to break or damage something", like "screw(mess) it up".

Coincidentally, it also means "to attack a political candidate's character in order to prevent them from being appointed to public office"...perfect slang for Copycat, no?

We agreed on two winners, but we also counted the VP cards in each players deck, just in case.

Both names will go onto the achievement sheet!

Thank you for the quick reply and thank you for making such great games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a tiebreaker for first player in the first round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Shayko
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bork" is a reference to potential US Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork, who was appointed by Ronald Reagan for the highest court in the land. He was deemed "too radical" for the court by the Senate and his nomination did not pass through. Interestingly enough Reagan replaced his Bork nomination with Anthony Kennedy, who is considered the typical swing vote on Supreme Court matters.

So yea, to Bork something is a term politicos sometimes use in order to mean mess up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.