Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mind Control Helmet allows you to do essentially the same thing as the Orbital Teleporter, but with an opponent's die instead of your own. So there is no need to use them in combination to move an opponent's die.

I do believe you may use both of these alien techs to move two dice -- an opponent's die AND one of your own -- during your turn. So you could, as an example, pay 5 fuel (3 for MCH and 2 for OT) to move an opponent's docked 6 ship, one of your docked 5 ships, and one of your undocked 4s to the Raiders' Outpost, providing a 4-5-6 combination isn't already docked there. Neither of these docked ships may come from the Terraforming Station, though.

I hope that answers what you were asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crasher_pt wrote:
It doesn't really answer the question, I probably didn't explain it correctly. I was asking if I could move the same opponent's die twice - once for the MCH then again for the OT since it was then considered mine. Thanks for answering!
I realize this isn't official, but my opinion is No. Using the MCH, you move an opponents die as if it were your own and take the benefit. End action. Die is only treated as "your own" for that movement and not for the turn duration. Since the die is no longer treated as your own and therefore is exempted from the OT for any follow-on actions. Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nate_lockhart wrote:
crasher_pt wrote:
It doesn't really answer the question, I probably didn't explain it correctly. I was asking if I could move the same opponent's die twice - once for the MCH then again for the OT since it was then considered mine. Thanks for answering!
I realize this isn't official, but my opinion is No. Using the MCH, you move an opponents die as if it were your own and take the benefit. End action. Die is only treated as "your own" for that movement and not for the turn duration. Since the die is no longer treated as your own and therefore is exempted from the OT for any follow-on actions. Just my 2 cents.
I agree, Nate. If Tory sees this thread, he'll have the final say of course.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Freels
Australia
Rooty Hill (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nate_lockhart wrote:

I agree. If you want to use the MCH benefit twice, then get yourself an Oscillation Overthruster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls