4 Posts

Monopoly» Forums » General

Subject: Monopoly AI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris b
msg tools
Hi all,

For my final MSc paper I am working on trying to design an AI for Monopoly.

The idea is that this will be different from any AI as it will be developing its strategy by playing a large number of games against itself and trying to devise a successful strategy for the game.

I want to see if it is possible for the AI to come up with a strategy for the game and part of this will be ensuring that the strategy works against humans as well as other AIs.

In the near future I plan to upload a copy of the AI to a website for people to play against. I decided that this forum would be a good place to mention my intentions and see if there was anybody interested in trying this out.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you would need a very reactionary AI.

Alot of the strategy of Monopoly is when to mortage, when to sell and when to hold. How much to overextend, etc.

Then there is the wheeling and dealing side.

My old Game Boy Monopoly had the AI considering offers and counter offers.

So these are the places to focus perhaps. Since the rest of the game is very structured and the player has no controll over.

I'd been considering a tabletop AI for a while now. But stalled for the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Dugovic
United States
flag msg tools
This sounds interesting. I'm curious whether an ensemble of such genetic algorithms could dominate other programs and ultimately humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mind writer
Australia
flag msg tools
This post is very old, but for anyone still interested - we have recently finished developing AI for Monopoly trained with Machine Learning.

Quadropoly

This is AlphaGo / Deep Blue style project, but for Monopoly. For the first 16 months, AIs were trained by playing against each other (4 player's games). Currently, full logs from games with human players playing with top level AI are uploaded to the cloud for Machine Learning, so every good player (>25% winrate) is helping to make AI better. AI has already invented several dozen effective strategies which has never been used before by humans. Less than 1% of players are having 25% winrate or higher playing with 3 AIs on top level difficulty. Game has no cheats in any form, AI does not know whether they trade with human or another AI, and treats every opponent equally on all difficulty settings. Game is 100% free for anyone with Android device, has no ads or in-app purchases. Fully offline (multiplayer mode will be added later for top 10% players only), no need for any social network account and no special permissions. Feel free to check it out.

If you would like to know more about the project:
PlayStore: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.quadropoly.quadropoly
Get in touch: clevermindgames@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls