Popular Tags: [View All]
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG just moved this AP's status to shipping now. Expected arrival date in US stores is July 5.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Please, do not hesitate to share...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
Please, do not hesitate to share...
'Tornak' from the FFG forum apparently received the new adventure already and put up some spoilers. Not complete, yet, but for anybody wanting to follow the (possibly) upcoming spoilers, here is the link:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

And here's what Tornak wrote so far

Quote:

Unfortunaly, I don't have my cards in front of me cause I'm at work, but if I remember well :

Denethor (Leadership)

Ally (cost 4)

3 Will

1 Prowess

2 Defense

3 HP

-1 Willpower for each damaged hero you control. If Denethor ever gets 0 Willpower, discard from play.

Unknown name (the card shows a crown) (Leadership)

Attachment (cost 1)

Title

May be attach to Gondor or Outland hero.

If every hero you control has a printed (lead.) symbol, … gets the following ability :

Every time you play a (4 spheres symbols) outland character, draw one card.

Gondorian Discpline (Tactic)

Event (don't remember the cost but sure it is under 3)

Prevent two damages

Unknown name (the card shows either a book or a scroll) (Tactic)

Attachment (cost 4)

Cost may be reduce by the number of heroes you control with a printed (tactic symbol)

Discard to play a card in your discard pile as if it were in your hand.

Hobbit-sense (neutral)

as you already know it

The two spirit card, you have already seen them in various spoilers.

One of the Lore card is a gondorian ranger

cost 3 (or 2)

Will 0

Att 2

Defense ?

Hp ?

If … attacks and damages an enemy, move the enemy to the staging area.

I have no clue about the second Lore card.

Quite sorry if there are missing information, that is the best I could do right now. Hoping that it gives a additionnal thrill while waiting for the AP to come.

Tornak

P.S. Thanks to the guy I played LOTR with at Regent Park (London, UK) on June 3, 2013. Sorry I don't remember your name. That experience showed me that on every aspect, British are truly welcoming and made it worth the 7 hours flight.
I like how Denethor apparently works and assume the Gondorian Ranger will be Mablung. That only leaves Halbarat or Faramir as the new Ranger hero in Assault on Osgiliath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
There must be the guy from the cover, I think it is the ranger in question (or is that Denethor? surely not).
Oh, and poor Denethor, what have they done to him? Cards like Necromancer's Reach or Blocking Wargs will often make his willpower 0 right away. Is it really all that is written on the card? I cannot believe it can be that bad (of course it can still see play but I think such important characters from the story should not be situational).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ramirez
msg tools
The leadership attachment is perfect for outland decks. Now i just hope we get another leadership outland hero to make this card more useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't thnk we need another Outlands hero, but I am hoping they give us an alternate Imrahil at some point. He is an Putlands character after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
For Gondor
The Leadership attachment is indeed perfect, I was in a way hoping for such when building a mono-Leadership Outlands deck.
[edit] I've been also long wondering about damage-prevention, it seems we've just got that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
The Leadership attachment is indeed perfect, I was in a way hoping for such when building a mono-Leadership Outlands deck.
[edit] I've been also long wondering about damage-prevention, it seems we've just got that.
Wow, Jakub do you have an in with someone at FFG? It is like they made the Leadership attachment with your deck in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
compton9890 wrote:
jpraibis wrote:
Wow, Jakub do you have an in with someone at FFG? It is like they made the Leadership attachment with your deck in mind!
Haha. No, unfortunately I don't.

By the way, check out the updated thread on ffg, the Tactics event doesn't cost a thing (but it works only for Gondor characters - for which I'm also happy - the more theme the better, I say). And there's a new trap, very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Tornak from FFG:

Hi, got the cards.

Gondorian Discipline (tactic)

Cost 0 (even better than las post)

Event

gondor

Response : Cancel up to 2 points of damage just dealt to a Gondor character.

The picture is the same as the cover of AP Assault on Osgiliath.

-----------------------

(Unique) Book of Eldacar (Tactic)

Cost 4

Attachment

Record

Attach to a (tactic icon) hero.

Reduce the cost to play Book of Eldacar by 1 for each hero you control with a printed (tactic icon) ressource icon.

Action : Discard Book of Eldacar to play any (tactic icon) event card in your discard pile as if it were in your hand. Then, place that event on the bottom of your deck.

------------------------------

Ithilien Archer (lore)

Cost 3

Ally

Gondor, Ranger

Ranged

Response : After Ithilien Archer attacks and damages an enemy, return that enemy to the staging area.

---------------------------------

Ithilien Pit (lore)

Cost 1

Attachment

Trap

Play Ithilien Pit into the staging area unattached.

If unattached, attach Ithilien Pit to the next eligible enemy that enters the staging area.

Any character may chose attached enemy as the target on an attack.

Art : Dramatic scene of an (very weel drawn by Davil Gaillet) orc with a pony tail trying to get out of a pit (duh), his right hand trying to reach a root or something like that and all you see in the background are legs, weapons and shields of Free People warriors.

(Unique) Denethor (leadership) ally is exactely like my last posts (unfortunaly it seems…)

(Unique) Lord of Morthond (leadership)

Cost 1

Attachment

Title

Attach to a Gondo or Outlands hero.

If each hero you control has the printed (lead. icon) ressource icon, Lord of Morthond gains :

''Response : After you play a (all 4 icons) ally, draw 1 card.''
Some excellent stuff! I am surprised the ranger is not unique. Returning enemies to the staging area could offer nice board control (e.g. return multiple enemies, then reduce threat with Aragorn, shift engaged enemies between players, selectively trap enemies - particularly once Anborn joins the fun,...). With all the Ithilien cards belonging to the Lore sphere, Faramir simply has to be a Lore hero, or at least has something like 'If all Heroes you control are of the Leadership sphere, Faramir gains the Lore icon'. Really looking forward to build a ranger deck!

Edit: Does Ithilien Pit allow players to attack the attached enemy even if it is in the Staging Area? Or just when engaged with another player? It doesn't seem very clear to me, but then it's 5am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
It must include the staging area. Otherwise it would have little sense, and none in solo (not that we haven't seen such cards). The pit and the pendulum, or I wanted to say Ranger Spikes, are great trap additions, and Anborn will surely help that strategy (especially if one is not eager bringing Erebor Hammersmith to Ithilien).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gondorian Discipline:
Damage prevention at last! Better than cure, as they say. Perfect for saving characters from an untimely end, whether it's a hero or a humble Defender of Rammas.

Book of Eldacar:
The first in the cycle. Card recursion is always nice to have.

Ithilien Archer:
Effects that returned enemies to the staging area used to be among the most frustrating in the game, and now we get to build strategies around doing it on purpose. This card to me makes a big statement that the game is growing and evolving in interesting ways.

Ithilien Pit:
And here's one of the many tricks you can pull with the Archer. It's also a natural card to pair with Anborn when he arrives shortly.

Denethor:
Disappointing. Only 1 Willpower more than Faramir, but Denethor's ability only makes him get worse while Faramir's wins games.

Lord of Morthond:
Well, we know how good Legacy of Durin is. In addition to its obvious use in an Outlands deck it also makes me reconsider Good Harvest, which I'd written off as not good enough to spend a card slot on. If I can use it to splash my choice of non-Leadership ally in an all-Leadership hero deck and not lose card advantage from it, maybe it'll be worth it after all.

All in all, this is looking like another sweet pack as far as player cards go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Speculations to follow...

So, as for mono decks, I believe by the end of the cycle we will have seen the following:

Events only playable if all heroes belong to the sphere (printed). We've seen them all.

Attachments recycling events (mono-decks not required but much welcomed for the discount). Tactics in Amon Din, Spirit in Osgiliath (presumably), Leadership in Blood (spoilt), Lore in Morgul Vale (spoilt). All doing the exact same thing.

Heroes helping mono-decks. Again, not required but working better when more heroes of the sphere are used. (Théoden, Mirlonde, Spirit and Leadership coming, perhaps).

Bonus: as we now have the Lord of Morthond. Will the other spheres follow suit? It should be said Lore has already got Mithrandir's Advice (only supporting but not requiring a mono-deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
Bonus: as we now have the Lord of Morthond. Will the other spheres follow suit? It should be said Lore has already got Mithrandir's Advice (only supporting but not requiring a mono-deck).
Hmm, now that's some interesting speculation. Tactics and Spirit currently have the least card draw options, so it'd be very nice to see something new for them - and a mono-sphere restriction would be fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
scwont wrote:
jpraibis wrote:
Hmm, now that's some interesting speculation. Tactics and Spirit currently have the least card draw options, so it'd be very nice to see something new for them - and a mono-sphere restriction would be fair.
I find card draw perhaps the most important aspect of a successful deck. Any strategy is sort of dependent on it. And it would be a natural way of boosting mono-decks, by adding a card draw attachment (that only works when all heroes have the printed icon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a little more card draw for Spirit and Tactics. Eight now Ancient Mathom and Foe Hammer require some serious combos to be even marginally useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is certainly some potential in what they are doing with Ithilien Pit and Ithilien Archer and the general trap theme. A Lore heavy secrecy deck suddenly has an option to take enemies out in the staging area. Does anyone know which expansion we are getting Anborn in? He is becoming increasingly critical.

I will be very interested to see the rest of the Ithlien Archer’s stats. If he has at least a couple of hit points, he is going to be a relatively handy character and probably the star of the expansion. But all in all, the set seems pretty weak to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
compton9890 wrote:
There is certainly some potential in what they are doing with Ithilien Pit and Ithilien Archer and the general trap theme. A Lore heavy secrecy deck suddenly has an option to take enemies out in the staging area. Does anyone know which expansion we are getting Anborn in? He is becoming increasingly critical.

I will be very interested to see the rest of the Ithlien Archer’s stats. If he has at least a couple of hit points, he is going to be a relatively handy character and probably the star of the expansion. But all in all, the set seems pretty weak to me.
Yeah, outside of the Lord, and that only for mono-decks, of course the set has no obvious power house cards, save the Pit perhaps. I really like staging area attack option and am glad to see that strategy grow.

I would guess the Archer shall have 3 hit points just as the Tracker. And no, I don't know when Anborn is up, I do hope though we get yet another disposable trap before the cycle's over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will take some time to get used to the thematic implications of Ithilien Pit. It makes sense that all players can engage the trapped enemy. He's not going anywhere, after all. But how can a guy caught in a pit engage and attack you (unless archers, of course)? Tunnelling?

I do like the prospect of combining all those traps with the Ithilien rangers and the prospect of using Secrecy. Ranger Spikes to keep enemies in the staging area and Ithilien Archers to move those trapped in Forest Snares or Ithilien Pit into the staging area. Then use Aragorn to get your threat down and discard Damrod to reduce your threat by a ton. I hardly think it's a very efficient strategy at this point, but I'm still looking forward to try it. I also hope the upcoming Ranger hero in Assault on Osgiliath will provide any kind of ranger synergy, no matter if it is Halbarat, Mablung, Faramir or somebody that will take me by surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls