Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was due out some time ago, but still the Enhanced Edition of SotM eludes us. I am checking daily at CSI and B&B, but no word. I can't even pre-order yet.

Anyone know what is holding this up and when it might actually hit the streets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it on good authority that it will be very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had mine for weeks now. They have it on the publisher's website, and miniature market has it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was on the SotM webstore long ago, so I don't imagine it will be too much longer before the retailers have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
It was on the SotM webstore long ago, so I don't imagine it will be too much longer before the retailers have it.
Just a heads up. I've heard from GtG that their stock, though they just received 10,000 copies, isn't expected to last long. Apparently they've gotten some pretty big orders from distributors.

While that _might_ mean that your local retailers and online shops will be able to get copies from distributors for a while, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to get a copy at a decent price if you want to have it any time soon. By decent price I mean retail price or lower. I don't think anyone needs to be paying a premium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, 10k copies? I wondered how many it was, that is awesome.

This is one of those fun games that I'll keep around for my kids. I love it, the art the gameplay, and it is timeless enough that I think a new generation will enjoy it. They really made a home run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kampes
United States
Parkton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
33 left in stock at Miniature Market...got mine on Monday.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gtg160.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K rrn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Any ideas for those of us in the UK who cannot afford to pay "triple" the cost of the game in postage alone? Can any one say when our shops are going to get this in stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
williamwonka wrote:
33 left in stock at Miniature Market...got mine on Monday.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gtg160.html
Down to 13!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Picked one up at Miniature Market. Even though I am 0-2 so far, the game is absolutely worth it. The sheer volume of choices and quality of the cards makes me absolutely certain that this was a fantastic purchase for me.

The only downside (besides nobody else to play with) is that I'm seeing expansions sell out at places like CSI, MM, even Amazon and the GTG home page. And I'm not quite ready to buy them just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
Picked one up at Miniature Market. Even though I am 0-2 so far, the game is absolutely worth it. The sheer volume of choices and quality of the cards makes me absolutely certain that this was a fantastic purchase for me.

The only downside (besides nobody else to play with) is that I'm seeing expansions sell out at places like CSI, MM, even Amazon and the GTG home page. And I'm not quite ready to buy them just yet.
Don't worry about it the base set provides so many combinations that they should keep you going for a while.

There are also villan promo cards you can print:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/126949/sentinels...
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/126950/sentinels...

Which adds more difficulty. There are also promo heroes you can print to slightly alter them.

These modifications by themselves make the EE tons of replayability and truly realize if you like the game before getting expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about out if print if you are patient, this is a killer game that is making GTG famous. They will print more.

Now, if you aren't the patient type, better order soon...! I saw CSI had all the mini expansions and oversized villain cards for a great price, including Ambuscade, and I jumped all over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Miniature Market is OOS....however:

http://www.amazon.com/Sentinels-Multiverse-Enhanced-Board-Ed...

Hooray! Finally available through Amazon for $31.95...with prime! Looks like it's in stock on July 4th.

Can't believe I held on to that xmas gift card so long. Now to see if the Ghost Stories reprint makes it to Amazon before I buckle under and get the Descent expansion (or Waterdeep Expansion, or Mage Wars, or etc. etc.)

EDIT: Link doesn't seem to work directly (anyone know why?)--either copy and paste, or just go to Amazon and type it in manually...you lazy so-and-so!!

EDIT 2: $13.95-->$31.95 Quite a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc has 20+ copies in stock now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:

For $26!!!! That's like stealing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
And I'm not quite ready to buy them just yet.
Oh sir, you can only resist so long. Mwahahaaaaa. (This game kicks ass)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmodeos wrote:
nastywarnob wrote:

For $26!!!! That's like stealing!
Not to pimp for Amazon, but plus shipping, that's at best a total of $33 at CSI...so big A still comes in a buck cheaper (with Prime, of course).

Of course, if you're intending on spending $100, CSI is the deal to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
Boards and Bits has a few too. Same price as CSI - $26

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay, looks like CSI has most everything in stock, but is missing a few of the individual decks. But I really want Unity and the Scholar. So, if they ever come back into stock, I will get them plus I will get Shattered Timelines and the Oversized villain pack. Those things seem like the things I need most in my life. Unless someone thinks otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
Okay, looks like CSI has most everything in stock, but is missing a few of the individual decks. But I really want Unity and the Scholar. So, if they ever come back into stock, I will get them plus I will get Shattered Timelines and the Oversized villain pack. Those things seem like the things I need most in my life. Unless someone thinks otherwise?
Unity and the Scholar are great additions, and you'll eventually want them, but the base set plus all expansions through Shattered Timelines will give you more than enough for now. And yes (1) you'll want Shattered Timelines - easily my favorite expansion to date, and (2) the oversized villain cards are fantastic especially considering the reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JSkellington Esq wrote:
DrNate wrote:
Unity and the Scholar are great additions, and you'll eventually want them, but the base set plus all expansions through Shattered Timelines will give you more than enough for now. And yes (1) you'll want Shattered Timelines - easily my favorite expansion to date, and (2) the oversized villain cards are fantastic especially considering the reasonable price.
Chris's response needs like 40 up votes. Shattered timelines is so good, and the oversized villain cards are just PERFECT thematically!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls