Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BGG» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » WA (Perth)

Subject: Looking for a gamer or two to join us in Greenmount rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have a small regular gaming group in the Midland area (Greenmount).
We meet on Saturday nights starting at about 630pm, on weeks not conflicting with WABA events (so about every second week). We generally play something from my collection, or whatever someone brings along.

If you are in the area, or feel like coming out for a few games, you are welcome to join us.

Message me via Geekmail to see when and where we next meet.
Michael

Next meet: Temporarily suspended due to me being unavailable most nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chua
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you heard of The West Australian Boardgaming Association? They/we (I am the current secretary) are a not-for-profit incorporated boardgaming association. We hold 3 boardgaming meets a month, with the closest one to you probably being the WABA Thornlie meet, which runs on the 4th Saturday of the month from 1.00pm to 11.00pm. Feel free to post on our forum if you want more details.

Whether you come to a WABA meet or not, I hope you manage to find some gamers to game with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for that. I'll check out the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Perth Airport
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

I'm very nearby, in Jane Brook. I have a few more than 30 games (with more than 10 on the way... damn Kickstarter!), but you have some excellent choices in your collection.

My partner also enjoys lighter games, those that don't run overly long, and have litte in the way of player conflict (I pay a steep price for messing with her strategy!!); on the other hand, my 12 y/o son loves games where things die, or that have a strong theme... and things die.
I personally like a wide variety of games and regret that I do not get to play nearly as often as I would like to.

Unfortunately, I am committed elsewhere on Friday nights, but do sometimes game over the weekend or on holidays. There is also a number of us intermittently keen to do other things such as role-playing games, and a contingent who enjoy online gaming on occasion.

I am also a WABA committee member and, as noted by Ernest, we would love to welcome you at one of our meets; the Thornlie venue is just over 20 minutes away, pretty well straight down the highway.

Feel free to get in touch if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Keeping you up to date with Kickstarter Campaigns in the Tabletop Games category
badge
Keeping you up to date with Kickstarter Campaigns in the Tabletop Games category
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael,

I'm also a Michael and I'm in Stratton (just next door to Jane Brook...hmmm).

I'm not sure how regularly I'd be able to make Friday nights (especially at this time of the year) but I can see we have a similar taste in games (someone else with Mage Wars!).

I am not on the board of WABA but I do try and go along as often as possible and they are filled with enthusiastic and friendly people. I think I'll be going to the Thornlie meet on Saturday 23rd Nov so if you're going to check it out let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Perth Airport
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
codermike wrote:
...and I'm in Stratton (just next door to Jane Brook...
Woohoo - more locals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ausminstrel wrote:
codermike wrote:
...and I'm in Stratton (just next door to Jane Brook...
Woohoo - more locals!
Do we have enough for a Midland WABA meet yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm happy to meet anytime: casually or a semi-regular meetup....although it looks like just three of us so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi Mike

I realise you posted this invitation a year ago but I'm someone in your area (Swan View) who's interested in forming a semi regular gaming group.

I'm 42 and only recently have got into the hobby and have about a dozen games. If you are still looking for numbers I'd be happy to participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Glen,

I sent you a message.

cheers,
michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: WABA SupporterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Cult of the Old
Perthgamer wrote:
Hi Mike

I realise you posted this invitation a year ago but I'm someone in your area (Swan View) who's interested in forming a semi regular gaming group.

I'm 42 and only recently have got into the hobby and have about a dozen games. If you are still looking for numbers I'd be happy to participate.
Hi Glenn, get yourself signed up to The West Australian Boardgaming Association
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Glenn,

Did you check your BGG messages?

I sent you note about perhaps getting some occasional games in on weekends. I thought if you are new to the BGG site you might not know where the messages are yet...or you just might not of checked. Either way, we should be able to get some games organised sometime.

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Warren

I'll have a good look at this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just a note: original post updated to reflect us now having a regular gaming meetup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D G
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi All, just joined the BGG forum. I'm in Bayswater and up for gaming as I always seem to have something on when Mt Claremont or Thornlie meetings are on. Mates are all having kids so don't have as much time to play and partner isn't much in major board games. right in to BSG, A and A (in many forms) and new ones like Dead of Winter (which I have) etc. So if you need people then keen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: WABA SupporterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Cult of the Old
Two_Wheat_Three_Wood wrote:
Hi All, just joined the BGG forum.
Like the user name.

Get yourself joined up to The West Australian Boardgaming Association as well. I know of at least one person that lives in Bayswater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D G
Australia
flag msg tools
Know all about the WABA it's just I struggle to get any of their meets so far with something always on that night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Two_Wheat_Three_Wood wrote:
Know all about the WABA it's just I struggle to get any of their meets so far with something always on that night.
Sorry, I meant because it is a more active forum if you are looking for players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls