GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,086 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason D Mark is about to bring out "Into Oblivion – Kharkov to Stalingrad: The Story of Pionier-Bataillon 305" which is anything like his previous books is a must buy\own. Island of Fire and the Cholm book are two are got as pressies at Xmas!.

I have a fairly substantial military history library and Jason's books are my favourite reads out of all of them. Island of Fire is actually my prize possession, I wouldn't part with it for any money once out of print. So I'm certain "Into Oblivion – Kharkov to Stalingrad: The Story of Pionier-Bataillon 305" will be just as good. Expensive but as anyone who has read his books will tell you, worth every penny.

For those of you that own "Island of Fire", this book is essentially a "prequel" because it covers the fighting in the Barrikady Gun Factory from 16 October to 10 November 1942 in great detail.

Island of Fire has been used by several ASL players as a resource to create new scenarios. Jason told me today that his new book will also be a superb resource for new scenarios..

http://www.leapinghorseman.com/proddetail.php?prod=978099227...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love a good book recommendation. Thanks for the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does he write about other units? I'd like to read more about Soviet units than German. I think after 60 years we'd be seeing more works about the Allied side.

Thanks for any leads!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.