United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm too stupid to understand the simple formula for calculating when my package will arrive, but, well, you be the judge. Maybe someone smarter – who invented a time machine – can help me with the answer.

Wizkids Replacement Service wrote:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. Package #6650 has been shipped. You can gauge approximately how much time it should take for the package to arrive based on the time between when you sent it and when it was received.

I guess it would help if I could remember sending the package. Did Wizkids slip me a roofie?

To be fair, I sent a replacement request through their automated system for a Mage Knight figure that was broken and, to their credit, they swiftly sent a replacement. Well, I think they sent a replacement. They sent a replacement email. Will it be the correct figure? Maybe it will be a replacement for something I don't even know is broken yet, or…

It's just such a mystery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you send anything to them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Let's break the problem in half. First -- when did you not send it?

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Did you send anything to them?

Not that I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Let's break the problem in half. First -- when did you not send it?

S.

That's what I'm asking you guys. Someone must know the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly the Wizkid-Chronomancers predicted that you will send a package at some point in the future, and sent you a response package in advance, therefore the arrival time is negative (A triviality, once one has achieved mastery over the fourth dimension) and you should be able to calculate the arrival time based on both dates.

Of course, they assume that everyone can see into the future to find out those dates, so they didn't specify those times, typical ivory tower thinking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hardy
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The automated response seems to assume that you need to send the broken one back. Once received, they will send you a new one. So, if you had done that, and say it took 8 days, then you would expect the replacement to arrive in 8 days.

They may send you a new one without you sending the old one back. If they did that, you just got their default message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamCraft wrote:
The automated response seems to assume that you need to send the broken one back. Once received, they will send you a new one. So, if you had done that, and say it took 8 days, then you would expect the replacement to arrive in 8 days.

They may send you a new one without you sending the old one back. If they did that, you just got their default message.

Well, sure, yes. In the boring universe from which you come.

It's still a horrible way to word the message even if I had sent them a package originally. The sentence clearly only refers to one package, theirs.

Just thought some of you would find it humorous, which you did. And maybe someone from Wizkids will eventually see it and change the wording on the auto-response. For the sake of a 'future' laugh, I hope they don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means that sending a package to you would take about the same amount of time as sending a package from you to them. Of course that's not much help if you didn't send anything to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.