Subject: AAArgh! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
So ..... I got the game today, we got home at 6.30pm, and it's now 12.45am and I've just this second finished putting the stickers on!

I received an extra 9 grey small blocks, 1 extra black block, but I am 1 small brown block missing!

I know I can contact GMT, but I thought there might be a UK-based geek with an extra one, who might be kind enough to send it to me.

Even better ... there might be a UK-based geek who is short of a grey or black block, and then we can do a swap!

If you are this person, please let me know and we'll get it sorted out.

Cheers,

Nick

PS - If you plan on doing the stickers in front of the telly, don't try and watch a film with subtitles ... it makes the whole process a lot longer, as you have to keep rewinding the telly to see what they said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
The first question is...

Did you put the stickers on according to the quantities on page 3 of the rules? There are stickers marked as spares and surplus stickers not marked as spares.

I ended up with 8 small brown and 12 small gray. In essence, enough for 5 full infantry units.

I take UK does not mean University of Kentucky.
Scrib

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:

I received an extra 9 grey small blocks, 1 extra black block, but I am 1 small brown block missing!

So, paint one of the grey blocks brown!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hidalgo wrote:

Sure. I'll pay 50 bucks for the game so that I can paint my own block? yuk

I did get about 10-12 extra blocks in 2 gray and brown though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:

Sure. I'll pay 50 bucks for the game so that I can paint my own block? yuk

That wasn't my first thought but since he's in the UK, I figured that would be the most feasible solution. Jeez, it's a little wooden block! I know it's damn inconvenient to be one short, but come on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of extras. I'll send you some for geek gold.

I would go back and check to make sure your numbers match those in the book. It is really easy to stick the unmarked extras on the blocks.\

If you are interested in me shipping you a block, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible, given that you were posting stickers in front of the television, that you have a black block included in a brown infantry unit? Just thought I would ask.

By the way, 8 small brown and 12 small grey is the EXPECTED extras.

I have used some of the extra stickers to add more units with the extra blocks, but it's very possible that GMT might find (or already have plans for) a use for those extra blocks. I can always paste more stickers over the extras I am using, but I'm certainly not going to get rid of them.

(Now if I had an extra black, I'd help you.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the offers of assistance.

A brown block is winging its way (via a postal strike) across from Northern Ireland as we speak!

I followed the numbers in the book, although I did get puzzled at one point, as it mentioned 232 blocks on the contents page, but the numbers of each individual unit on the graphics page add up to 212!!

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Tischer
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do seem to have a problem counting blocks. My game had no rectangular brown blocks at all. To their credit, I e-mailed GMT and received the needed blocks in two days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Moviebuffs wrote:
although I did get puzzled at one point, as it mentioned 232 blocks on the contents page, but the numbers of each individual unit on the graphics page add up to 212!!

And wouldn't the difference be the 12 small gray and 8 small brown tiles that have been reported as the expected number of spares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll resurrect this just to note that I'm halfway through finishing up the stickers on my Carthaginian blocks and I'm short 2 small brown blocks, meaning for the time being I'm going to have 14 Carthaginian Heavy Infantry. I've been carefully following the troop numbers in the rulebook, and I had left over small grey (about 9 or so). But I'm definitely short 2 small brown blocks. I've e-mailed GMT, so hopefully I can get those 2 missing blocks sometime next week.

EDIT: I e-mailed GMT on Saturday, and on Monday afternoon they e-mailed me back and are sending me the two missing cubes (which only prevented me from playing the Cannae scenario, at least without swapping in other pieces, so it wasn't exactly a big problem.) That's great customer service in my book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted here before that I was short two blocks. I called GMT and received the blocks the next business day. That was fantastic service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I was pretty lucky - my block counts all came out either right on the money or in the positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.